Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Live Cockpit Windows 7 problem

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
Spilot
Post subject: Live Cockpit Windows 7 problem
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:19 am

Hi.
I have recently installed all my flight simulator files on a complete new computer with Windows 7 and when I try to run FDC Live cockpit I get the following error messages, even if I runt it as administrator,
"Error: 429 - Active X component can't create object in 'SetupDirectSound' routine"
Followed by,
"Error: 0 - in 'UpdateBlackbox' rotine 0"

Then the program shuts down and nobody wants to tell me why.
Please help me solve this problem.

Must say, it is much easier flying the Boeing 747-400 in real life, as I do, than with the flight simulator with all these errors.

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Post subject: Re: Live Cockpit Windows 7 problem
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:37 am

Quote:
Must say, it is much easier flying the Boeing 747-400 in real life, as I do, than with the flight simulator with all these errors.
You should probably try using the search function in future, I know your 744 FMC doesn't have a search facility so you probably haven't been trained in it's use, but forums tend to be a bit more user friendly than Boeing aircraft, (Joke) :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=279&hilit=%27SetupD ... d&start=10

In summary, make sure you install FDC with UAC disabled, Windows Defender disabled and any anti-virus software you have disabled too, and that includes when you actually download the product from the retailer too. Also make sure you have the latest version of FSUIPC installed which is currently HERE

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
Spilot
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:39 pm

No problems, the simulator of the B744 is pretty good but to make the flight deck more alive with the FDC Live Cockpit is impossible. Have tried to install the software with everything set as you wrote but still the same messages.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:41 pm
Site Admin

This is caused by a bad installation. As Andy said you need to ensure you stop all other programs, especially your anti-virus and any other security type products before installing. Then use the accumulative installer available for download right here on the support forum.... no need to uninstall anything first either

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Spilot
Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Well nothing of this helps me. When I use the so called accumulative installer as you say I shall use, evrything crashes. Sure a new nice looking front when starting the FDC Live Cockpit but then it just shuts down and nothing happens. What kind of crap is that?
What I need is the main software FDC Live Cockpit to work, nothing that anyone else than the original software manufacturer has designed cause everything else is, sorry to say, just crap.
Also now it is not possible do uninstall FDC Live Cockpit since the accumulative installer has corrupted the software completely.

Any new and working suggestions so that I can use the software as I could on my old computer with Windows XP?

Now I mean suggestions that makes it possible to use the software and nothing that destroys everything.

Thank you for your assistance.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:29 pm
Site Admin

So the software worked just fine for you on your old PC? But still you want to call it crap?

I would suggest that first you tone down your attitude and then perhaps we 'might' be able to help you.... until then I have nothing more to add

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Spilot
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:12 pm

Well Dmarch, the original software worked fine yes, and it should do so on my new computer as well, but it doesn't. And your release of the so called update is crap since it destroys more than it makes use. I have never used anything else but original software on my computer and this downloadable software you call "update" doesn't work, and that is a fact my friend. I am sure that I am not the only one experiencing problem with this.

So if you are a developer for the FDC Live Cockpit, you should be able to give simple and effective answers to why your software doesn't work.

Can you do that?

I don't think that is too much to ask for since the FDC original installation without disabling anything on the Windows XP system worked fine, so it should in Windows 7 environment, but it doesn't.
Answers, that is what I need.

If I should present a malfunctioning software in my real aircraft that I fly no one should come with bad updates or such ignorant replies since life and machinery is vital to work. But I guess you see a computer related problem as something you can wait a few years to solve, and that is not acceptable my friend. There is no reason for me to tone down my attitude. So if you cannot solve the problem, please make the best of it and retire.

Sure this is just computer software but however, you cannot sell things that don't work, right?

So instead of throwing stupid comments, be more professional and solve the problem if you can. I think your 'might' comment is more likely to be "I don't know how to solve this but I do not dare to say it". If I am not right, give me a solution of the problem I have with your software.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Well i use Windows 7 without any problems,updated without any problems,so if you tone it down and stop calling it CRAP one of us will try our best to help you...
As for the error 429 have you searched the forum for an answer,because if my memory serves me correctly,there is an answer....and it's out there in the forum

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Spilot
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Well, I am still looking for an answer from you!
And I do not mean "search the forum" answer as you give me. Copy and paste the solution if you know how to do that. Sorry to say that I do not sit in the front of my computer all day long as some other seems to do. When I ask for help, I do not need passive answers.

You are well aware of the "error 429" and "blackbox error" messages that I get, so why not write the solution here instead of letting me search for a "possible solution" in a forum.

Dave, please remember who pays your salary, we - your customers do, then we have the right to get help and support as well. So far I have seen nothing like that either in e-mail or here on the forum.

So start helping please.

Profile Quote
Spilot
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Just to save your effort, I have the latest FSUIPC installed, 3.98a.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: