OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

New customer - problems with FDC

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
tjf4375
Post subject: New customer - problems with FDC
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Hi there, wonder if someone can assist - I've just bought the download version of FDC live cockpit, and frankly so far I'm afraid I'm not too impressed - the some function keys clash with function keys already assigned in FS (notably space bar, which now does not perform it's proper function of restoring virtual cockpit view to default). I've also had problems with moving the view around in virtual cockpit since installing FDC - I've no idea why that would be exactly, but the two seem to coincide. Also to start with I had problems getting the checklists to run in auto mode (the flight would start with the standard cabin crew welcome announcement, and then everything would go quiet). So I selected manual mode for the checklists, and was able to get them to work but now the cabin crew announcements don't work. A further annoyance is that the checklists don't seem to be able to detect the status of a lot of functions of the aircraft, so running through them seems largely pointless. I have tried consulting the manual, but just can't seem to make sense of it to be honest. Nothing the manual says will happen actually does.

I have made sure I've got the latest version of FSUIPC (currently version 3.9.8.0) and also ensured that FDC has performed all necessary updates so I'm at a loss and feeling rather disillusioned with the whole thing. A lot of other people seem to be getting a lot of enjoyment from the product, so I'm wondering where I've gone wrong! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tim

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: New customer - problems with FDC
Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:31 am
Site Admin

Hi Tim,

Firstly please ensure you have the latest version.... what is the version number displayed on the FDC main screen.

Secondly all default hotkeys are easily changed if you're having contention issues via Options/Hotkeys and that I think will fix most of your issues

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: