OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Altimeter setting discrepancy

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Perch8808
Post subject: Altimeter setting discrepancy
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:17 am

I'm consistently getting a difference in Altimeter setting in MSFS vs PF3 with PF3 usually 50' - 100' lower sitting on the ground. It's not a big deal but I am wondering why the difference.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(337.37 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

Profile Quote
pointy56
Post subject: Re: Altimeter setting discrepancy
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:21 pm

You may want to try changing the following option in your PF3.ini file: Change CalibratedAltitude=1 to CalibratedAltitude=0

Dave spent many hours looking at altitude mismatches in MSFS prior to releasing 3.22.0, and there were a number of internal changes to PF3; it looks as if he removed the option to 'Use Calibrated Altitude' from the MSFS tweaks page (I can't see it), so this could be a leftover from a prior release.

I'm sure that Dave will jump in when he is back online, but you may want to try this in the meantime.

Cheers,
Martin

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Perch8808
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:33 pm

Thanks Martin I will try that

Profile Quote
Perch8808
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:02 am

Your fix has worked Martin, thankyou. Using beta 3.22.8

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:54 am
Site Admin

I'm sorry to say but that is a placebo effect :D

That option is now defunct and default to 'ON' within the code (it's hard coded) and has been that way since beta release 3.21.140

I noticed in you original post you mentioned noticing this whilst on the ground... if that is the case the likely cause is a difference between MSFS real local weather and that determined by PF3, using our own real weather source. This of course could rear its ugly head intermittently. Nothing that be done unfortunately as Asobo do not provide a weather interface, probably due to licensing terms and conditions from wherever they source the data.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Perch8808
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:54 pm

Dave March wrote: *  Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:54 am
I'm sorry to say but that is a placebo effect :D

That option is now defunct and default to 'ON' within the code (it's hard coded) and has been that way since beta release 3.21.140

I noticed in you original post you mentioned noticing this whilst on the ground... if that is the case the likely cause is a difference between MSFS real local weather and that determined by PF3, using our own real weather source. This of course could rear its ugly head intermittently. Nothing that be done unfortunately as Asobo do not provide a weather interface, probably due to licensing terms and conditions from wherever they source the data.
Ha funny :D

There is some variation between what PF3 reports and what happen when I press "B" to set the altimeter automatically. Not enough to make a difference. I can live with it.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: