OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

AI taking off without clearance

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
jdav380
Post subject: AI taking off without clearance
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:45 pm

Hello All,

I have a strange issue where the AI planes are cleared to lineup on runway, but never cleared to takeoff. The planes just takeoff on their own.

I am using fsltl and msfs.

Has anyone run into this issue and if so, have a solution?

Thanks in advance
John

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: AI taking off without clearance
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:03 pm
Site Admin

It's most probably just a timing issue. PF3 doesn't control AI traffic and only simulates ATC instructions to AI aircraft on an 'after the event' process. eg. Let's say during a sweep of AI modes we detect an aircraft that is taxiing out. During the next sweep we find that same aircraft is in 'taking off' mode, at which point you will hear PF3 ATC giving them takeoff clearance. But of course they 'could' be at the point of rotating, in which case it wold not look very realistic. We also only provide ATC for to AI aircraft consecutively, then PF3 resumes other processing, like ATC talking to you perhaps. Otherwise PF3 could get caught up doing nothing but chatting with AI aircraft at a busy airport.

Unfortunately it's almost impossible for me to determine exactly why you're not hearing ATC giving takeoff clearance but I would doubt it's stopped working completely and is probably just one of those things.

If it is occurring frequently then please attach your debug log, just so I can see if you have any other issues that could be causing this problem.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
jdav380
Post subject: Re: AI taking off without clearance
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:26 pm

Thanks for the reply Dave and yea that makes sense. Definitely not a deal breaker just ruins the immersion a bit. If it persists I will definitely send over the logs!

Again thanks and great product 🙏

John

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: