OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

v3.22 lost contact

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
flyforever
Post subject: v3.22 lost contact
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:42 pm

Uploaded a flight plan from LIML to LOWI. No TGS, and no transfer to Tower. After manually asking for departure from tower and receiving clearance to depart, departure control sent me up to 7000 and on a heading of 035. From this point, no more communication. I completed the flight without any guidance. With an earlier version, I had no trouble with this flight plan. Some feedback would be appreciated.thanks.

Attachments
debug_monitor.7z
(356.58 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

Profile Quote
musky
Post subject: Re: v3.22 lost contact
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:59 am

I had 3 flights in a row when after I loaded the flight I got no more communications from PF3 v3.22, I did not even get the hotkey chime. With this type of problem and recent history my prime suspect was not PF3 but FSUIPC7. So I reverted back to FSUIPC7.4.7 from FSUIPC7.4.8 and have had no recurrence of this problem since.

Just a thought

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:11 am
Site Admin

flyforever wrote: *  Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:42 pm
Uploaded a flight plan from LIML to LOWI. No TGS, and no transfer to Tower. After manually asking for departure from tower and receiving clearance to depart, departure control sent me up to 7000 and on a heading of 035. From this point, no more communication. I completed the flight without any guidance. With an earlier version, I had no trouble with this flight plan. Some feedback would be appreciated.thanks.
Thanks for the log. I will be out till mid to late afternoon today but will try and look at this on my return.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
flyforever
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:18 pm

musky wrote: *  Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:59 am
I had 3 flights in a row when after I loaded the flight I got no more communications from PF3 v3.22, I did not even get the hotkey chime. With this type of problem and recent history my prime suspect was not PF3 but FSUIPC7. So I reverted back to FSUIPC7.4.7 from FSUIPC7.4.8 and have had no recurrence of this problem since.

Just a thought
Interesting. I am curious to see what Dave comes up with.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:15 am
Site Admin

flyforever wrote: *  Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:42 pm
Okay, what happened was you changed you COM frequency from Departure to 126.3 and that wasn't recognised by PF3. So basically you were flying without being in contact with any facility. Perhaps check the MSFS pilot assist options to make sure nothing's been turned on.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: