OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

v3.22 Will not Load

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 4 of 5  [ 43 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
bobsk8
Post subject: Re: v3.22 Will not Load
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:50 pm

Dave March wrote: *  Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:43 pm
If you right-click on your existing PF3.exe file and select properties, is it showing the file to be 'read only'?
Yes I did that this morning, and unchecked the read only. Still doesn't work.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:11 am
Site Admin

And is it the exact same error message, highlighting the same file?

I'm at a loss to understand why the file was marked 'read only' and the chances are the rest of the folder is the same, which of course is going to cause a lot of problems. Our installer certainly doesn't mark them as red only.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:03 am

I fear Dave may be right and the entire folder has somehow been set 'read-only'.
Please try Method 1 from this link to reset the properties of all of the files in the folder: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... c44b4d6e7d
Then shutdown Windows completely - hold down the Shift key while selecting 'Shutdown' - then reboot and try again before you do anything else.

And please let us know how you get on.

Hope this helps,
Martin

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:47 pm

pointy56 wrote: *  Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:03 am
I fear Dave may be right and the entire folder has somehow been set 'read-only'.
Please try Method 1 from this link to reset the properties of all of the files in the folder: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... c44b4d6e7d
Then shutdown Windows completely - hold down the Shift key while selecting 'Shutdown' - then reboot and try again before you do anything else.

And please let us know how you get on.

Hope this helps,
Martin
I tried this , and when I did, I got this pop up:

An error occurred while applying security information to D:\PF3\CenterSectors.dat.
Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access denied.

Attachments
[ attachment ]
PF3 error.png (28.47 KiB) Viewed 457 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:52 pm
Site Admin

Something is very wrong because that file shouldn't be in the main PF3 folder it should be in PF3\Data

I think you're going to have to do a complete reinstall :shock:

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:53 pm

Dave March wrote: *  Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:52 pm
Something is very wrong because that file shouldn't be in the main PF3 folder it should be in PF3\Data

Yes, it is in the Data folder, as well as the PF3 main folder, so it is like in two places. I think you are right, there is something screwed up with my installation. If I have to reinstall it, I looked in windows uninstall, and don't even see PF3 listed. How would I uninstall it, and where can I download the full copy. I have my original activation code.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:07 pm

bobsk8 wrote: *  Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:53 pm

Yes, it is in the Data folder, as well as the PF3 main folder, so it is like in two places. I think you are right, there is something screwed up with my installation. If I have to reinstall it, I looked in windows uninstall, and don't even see PF3 listed. How would I uninstall it, and where can I download the full copy. I have my original activation code.
You may end up having to reinstall/repair windows..when PF3 is not listed i can only assume the registry has gone amiss somewhere...it has happened to me before now!

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:24 pm

Dave Leesley wrote: *  Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:07 pm

You may end up having to reinstall/repair windows..when PF3 is not listed i can only assume the registry has gone amiss somewhere...it has happened to me before now!
I will probably just stay with the present version that I have been using then, it is working fine.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:46 pm
Site Admin

The fact that it's not in the uninstall list is very strange too. You really need to delete all the PF3 folders really... you can't install over them if all the files are set to read-only. Another alternative of course is to reinstall to a different location.

If yo need the full installer just go to the download section on our website and enter your activation code to request a link

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:45 pm

Dave March wrote: *  Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:46 pm

The fact that it's not in the uninstall list is very strange too. You really need to delete all the PF3 folders really... you can't install over them if all the files are set to read-only. Another alternative of course is to reinstall to a different location.

If yo need the full installer just go to the download section on our website and enter your activation code to request a link
OK, I downloaded the new installer. I guess I will have to deactivate the one I am using now, and then activate the new install when it is installed.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 4 of 5  [ 43 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Jump to: