OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 & FSUIPC7.4.X

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
musky
Post subject: PF3 & FSUIPC7.4.X
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:38 pm

Hi Dave

As someone who, now retired, but after a career in commercial software development and project management of software development projects. I know when software is not working. In MSFS ALTkey + n switches to the custom camera n. FSUIPC7.4.x does not seem to recognise the combination ALT+n. Instead all it sends to PF3 is n (n=0-9) which triggers the hotkey n. Making a flight impossible if you have custom cameras.

Regards

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(38.48 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: PF3 & FSUIPC7.4.X
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:40 pm
Site Admin

FSUIPC does infact recognise the Alt key so you could actually use it for a PF3 hotkey if you wished, although it's not really recommended.

I'm not by my MSFS flight sim rig so can't check what you're reporting but will do so later. If what you're saying is indeed correct then I will raise the issue with John Dowson as there's nothing I can do within PF3... FSUIPC simple tells me a hotkey has been used and I then sac to see which one. Personally, if it happens when I try it I would probably just change those keys within MSFS.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: PF3 & FSUIPC7.4.X
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:24 pm
Site Admin

Update:

Okay, I've just tried this and there's no problem on my system. I don't actually use any custom cameras in MSFS so what I did was reassigned Alt+0 to Cockpit Zoom and checked that it did infact zoom. Then I started PF3 and once connected tried using Alt+1 several times to see if it would initiate PF3 calling for clearance but it didn't.

I'm using the latest version of FSUIPC but notice you are not... not sure if that will make any difference but certainly worth trying. If you still get the same problem then I would suggest you add LogButtonsKeys=Yes to the FSUIPC7 INI file, start MSFS and select FlyNow when ready. Then connect PF3 and recreate the problem a few times. Then disconnect PF3 and close MSFS. ZIP and attach the FSUIPC log file so we can see what is happening and we'll take it from there. If need be I'll contact John Dowson.

Thank you

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: