OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Please No More Betas

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
musky
Post subject: Please No More Betas
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:01 pm

Please Dave, no more betas until you have cleared the ever increasing list of bugs.

Was not handed over to tower for departure and had to manually tune tower to depart

Initial altitude clearance of 5000 reached. No further climb for several minutes. Tried H+9 PF3 did not register the H only the 9. Tried both H & L on there own got chime but no response from PF3.

Eventually tried 0 for initial check-in and finally then got further climb so it looks like PF3 no longer is auto tuning.

Tried H & L hot keys at cruising altitude got the chime but no response.

Tried L+9 after reaching initial descent altitude 39000. This time it worked and I got the descent but then I got the 9 on its own response report position.

PF3 paused but not at TOD but about 5 minutes before TOD. This is OK compared to a previous beta when PF3 would pause 3 times during the descent and that was a solid problem it happened every flight

L+6 got the descent OK but again it was followed by hot key 6 request higher which messed things up a of course.

Then level at 5000 typed H and got climb and maintain 11000.

H & L Hot keys are completely screwed.

Tried FSUIPC7, version 7.4.4 got no response from PF3 so went back to version 7.4.2. I have real concerns that PF3's dependance on FSUIPC7 could finish it off completely.

The good news is that this is the first flight I have managed to complete having overcome all the problems without losing patience and quitiing.

Also it is the first beta I have managed to update since before Christmas that I have not had an absolute war with my antivirus and VPN just to get the updates extracted on to my system TGS.EXE is real villain but I have also had windows defender report that the whole web site is malicious. Sometimes TGS.EXE has been active then it stops working and afterwards I find something AV or whatever has deleted it again.

Thanks in advance

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(2.26 MiB) Downloaded 36 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Please No More Betas
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:01 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Please Dave, no more betas until you have cleared the ever increasing list of bugs.
Sorry to hear you're having issues. The betas will continue even after the release of 3.22.0 which is imminent now as most of us are happy with how things are going. Please don't take this the wrong way but you don't have to use the betas... they will always have some problem but that's the whole idea of a beta.
Quote:
Was not handed over to tower for departure and had to manually tune tower to depart
That's not a bug... it happens for various reasons and if you're not automatically handed off to Tower just tune in and report. Sometimes ground controllers are really busy ;)
Quote:
Tried H & L hot keys at cruising altitude got the chime but no response.
Those keys on their own are to ask for clearance to your current altitude. If you're already at cruise then you've already been cleared to that altitude.
Quote:
Tried L+9 after reaching initial descent altitude 39000. This time it worked and I got the descent but then I got the 9 on its own response report position.
Unfortunately some users do have problems with those keying sequences... I may think of another way of achieving this but I really don't want to be adding more hotkeys... I'll have to give it some more thought.
Quote:
PF3 paused but not at TOD but about 5 minutes before TOD. This is OK compared to a previous beta when PF3 would pause 3 times during the descent and that was a solid problem it happened every flight
The pause occurred EXACTLY at TOD as PF3 calculated it
Quote:
24/01/2024 16:34:19: 780 - TOD recalculated now distance is set to 170 NM
24/01/2024 16:34:19: 780 - ****** Reached TOD ******
24/01/2024 16:34:19: 780 - User configured FS Pause initiated!
Quote:
L+6 got the descent OK but again it was followed by hot key 6 request higher which messed things up a of course.

Then level at 5000 typed H and got climb and maintain 11000.
Looks like the 6 was left in the buffer when you hit H so it took it as H+6
Quote:
Tried FSUIPC7, version 7.4.4 got no response from PF3 so went back to version 7.4.2.
Yes there was a problem with FSUIPC 7.4.4 which stopped hotkeys working. That has now been resolved and John Dowson has released another version with the fix, which is available from his forum
Quote:
I have real concerns that PF3's dependance on FSUIPC7 could finish it off completely.
That, I'm sorry to have to say, is a ridiculous statement. We have been using FSUIPC for nearly 25 years and have no intention of stopping. If FSUIPC was withdrawn tomorrow PF3 would follow and I'd go into full retirement.

As I said, I'm sorry you're experiencing so many issues, especially with your anti virus software too. But rest assured all our code is clean. AV's are becoming much more twitchy these days and I have problems myself from time to time. Not much we can do about that unfortunately.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
SkyCamel
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:58 am

Quote:
I may think of another way of achieving this but I really don't want to be adding more hotkeys
Hi Dave,
by now you know I'm not a programmer and whatever idea (good or bad) that comes in my head might be easy to me but cost you blood and sweat to implement it :lol:
May be you could use the H and L key to set a flag for a second or so. If within this time there's a numeric key that follows it's considered a request for height change. Like this you don't have to hold them simultaneously.
Of course that will imply that every time a numeric key is being pressed you going to have to check these flags. That might complicate or slow down things.
Just a thought :)
Cheers,
Luc

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:13 am
Site Admin

Thank you Luc, I always appreciate any thoughts or ideas that users have and sometimes they provide a Eureka moment. However, the keying sequence timing is not controlled by PF3, it's FSUIPC. PF3 doesn't actually detect any keypresses.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: