OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 Hotkeys not working

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 »
HenriqSantos
Post subject: PF3 Hotkeys not working
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:37 pm

Hello!
I have PF3 for more than a year now, and until last week, without any problem, but since 3 days ago, my Hotkeys stopped working.
PF3 connects to MSFS (I see the text it started) but then, I hit 0, and nothing. In fact, any other number, nothing. Even if the radio is set correctly. 
I use PF3WebDisplay and see PF3 is connected, but it says, like waiting to tune, but if I manually tune it, it doesn't turn green.
Trying to work out what happened, but no clue.
Thank’s in advance

Henrique - Porto

Ps: Attached Debug_monitor with rar

Attachments
debug_monitor.rar
(205.66 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: PF3 Hotkeys not working
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:06 pm
Site Admin

This is certainly very strange... you say everything was working fine until a few days ago. Have you changed anything on your system? I really can't think of anything that would stop the hotkeys working. I see you're running the latest version of FSUIPC and I've just tried with the same version and everything works fine here. According to the log you never actually pressed any hotkey at all.

PF3 simply couldn't just stop working if everything was fine a few days ago. Something must have changed. There are no errors in the log and everything looks normal, except you haven't used a hotkey or FSUIPC did not recognise that you did.

You could add the following line under the [General] section of the FSUIPC7.INI file

LogButtonsKeys=Yes

Then start a flight, tune to a facility and hit hotkey #0 to make contact. Try that a few times then disconnect PF3, close MSFS and ZIP and attach the FSUIPC Log file so I can see if FSUIPC is actually detecting the keys.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
HenriqSantos
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:41 pm

Hello!
That's exactly what happens. Everything seems to work, except it doesn´t.
The only thing I changed was updating the FSuipc to the last update. Then, no more PF3 Hotkeys. I use the free version of FSuipc, so I don't change anything on that program. 
Everything else, the same.
I will try to add the line mentioned on Fsuipc

Profile Quote
HenriqSantos
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:06 pm

Hope this is the FSuipc right file...

Attachments
FSUIPC7.rar
(3.12 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

Profile Quote
SkyCamel
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:25 am

Additional to what Dave said, I you say last FSUIPC7 update I assume you mean v7.4.4?
Some earlier version stopped the hotkeys from working.
After you started and during your flight you can already go and check the FSUIPC log file and there you should see all the Hotkeys for PF3 declared.
Also what I noticed (and don't know if it was the same with previous PF3 or FSUIPC7 version) you have to press and quickly release the numeric button. If you hold it too long it will somehow not execute the hotkey. I just recently start using the "2" hotkey to request the ATIS and I noticed that. I also just updated to FSUIPC7 v7.4.4. Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Luc

Profile Quote
SkyCamel
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:27 am

Oops, didn't see your log file so yes, your hotkeys are declared so that should be ok.
Cheers,
Luc

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:37 am
Site Admin

HenriqSantos wrote: *  Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:06 pm
Hope this is the FSuipc right file...
Thank you for that. Well I can see that PF3 certainly setup the hotkeys as normal, but if also tried using a hotkey it was NOT picked up by FSUIPC. As I say, this works perfectly well for me in MSFS using the latest FSUIPC so there must be something on your system causing the issue, especially as you say it worked fine a few days ago.

I did notice your Windows Regional Settings are set to Portuguese. Have you always used this setting when running PF3. It certainly should be okay but some users have had issues with different settings so I was just wondering if you'd maybe changed them recently.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
HenriqSantos
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:26 pm

Hello!
Thanks for the help.
Last friday, it worked great as ever, but I was getting the warning to update the Fsuipc for days, so saturday I updated, and since then, no more PF3.

The number keys work normal, outside PF3.
No other Change or update.

It seems like PF3 dont know the Keys are working

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:51 pm
Site Admin

Actually it has nothing to do with PF3. We don't detect any keys being used... that's down to FSUIPC and that tells us a hotkey has been used and also which one.

When using Wideclient you do have to have that window focused when using the keys... I'm assuming that is the case?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
HenriqSantos
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:29 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:51 pm
Actually it has nothing to do with PF3. We don't detect any keys being used... that's down to FSUIPC and that tells us a hotkey has been used and also which one.

When using Wideclient you do have to have that window focused when using the keys... I'm assuming that is the case?
Ir that means that I must have the msfs, like on front, first Window, than yes.

I think Will try to re install ir no solution. Because I understand that the problema might no be PF3, maybe Fsuipc. I was just trying to have a possible solution

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Jump to: