OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Synchronising the PF3 ToD with the sim ToD?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Synchronising the PF3 ToD with the sim ToD?
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:00 pm
Site Admin

A320Flyer wrote: *  Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:34 am
I was thinking more like just the L or H key on its own , with no number afterwards, and ATC instructs a random descent or ascent or not, depending on traffic.
As I say, used on their own they are for requesting to remain at your current altitude.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
A320Flyer
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:16 pm

I didn’t know that. Every day is a school day 😊

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:32 pm

Quote:
There's a new feature in the next beta that will allow you to request a start of descent, so if you're FMC is showing you've reached TOD but PF3 hasn't initiated the descent you can request it.
Fantastic!!! Just what I need :D I'll go look and see if you have issued it yet..

(BTW, with a profile set for large airport and large jet, my ToD syncs much better with PF3's)

M.

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:01 pm

Apologies for the delay incoming back on this, I've been busy away from the FS world :cry:

Anyway, here are a few thoughts (I'm aware that you have also been posting re the new flight plan processing):

Although there are multiple ways of calculating a flight plan profile, the only one that matters is the FMC - it uses real-time data during the actual flight, including the actual groundspeed and weather conditions. Any calculation made by LNM is based on on the aircraft performance profile used.
PF3 calculates a TOD based on 3nm/1000 feet from the cruise altitude to the FAF - this can now be altered to 4nm or 5nm using the descent option in Options 2/Advanced:
[ attachment ]
2024-01-21 18_44_48-.png (14.44 KiB) Viewed 10058 times
(Dave will, I'm sure, correct me if I'm wrong but I understand that the PF3 aircraft profile only affects the VS speed set if in VCP mode 3.)
I have found that for a 737-600, my default airliner, the 'medium' option works best - you may care to try 'medium' or 'long' to see if that works for you.

Cheers,
Martin

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: