OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATC Descend to XXX

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Sabretooth78
Post subject: ATC Descend to XXX
Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:47 am

Just an observation (and it's entirely possible I've missed something in the changelogs) but on my past several flights I've noticed that I haven't gotten a "descend to FLXXX when ready" command; rather it's been a commandment to "descend to FLXXX". I typically set up descent altitudes in the flight plan page that are STAR-compatible and typically put a TOD in the 130-150 nm range as appropriate - very roughly, anyway. It usually works well...

I can't say when I began to notice this exactly, but it may have been around the 3.21.50 beta release. I'm just curious if something has changed (and if so, it's not really a big deal), since I haven't deviated from my setup routine. The only annoyance it causes is if, due to waypoint spacing, say there's 200 nm before my first modified waypoint elevation and the one before it, and it's repeatedly telling me to descend 100+ nm before I'm ready to. And in that case, sometimes I'll obey; most of the times I just ignore it and TOD when I want to!

Thanks!

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: ATC Descend to XXX
Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:05 am
Site Admin

No there's been no changes to that. The 'when ready' directive will only be given if the descend instruction comes before you've reached your TOD, as PF3 calculates it and not your FMC

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: