OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Recurring Problems with latest Beta and previous betas

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
musky
Post subject: Recurring Problems with latest Beta and previous betas
Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:04 pm

Not handing me over from ground to tower on departure. Frequently

Never Pausing at TOD this has been the case for me for a few versions and not just the latest.

Stops communicating after being cleared for ILS. Seems to be happening frequently for me these days

Thanks in advance
Mark

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(944.6 KiB) Downloaded 321 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Recurring Problems with latest Beta and previous betas
Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:00 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Not handing me over from ground to tower on departure. Frequently
We've literally just been working on improving this and it's ready to go for the next beta, so hang on in there. In the interim, when you reach the holding point, just tune to tower and hit hotkey #6
Quote:
Never Pausing at TOD this has been the case for me for a few versions and not just the latest.
According to the log this worked perfectly, except for some reason it never actually paused FS. So I will have to check this out myself and see what's happening
03/12/2023 10:56:39: 960 - User configured FS Pause initiated! - 150 miles from the Airport
Quote:
Stops communicating after being cleared for ILS. Seems to be happening frequently for me these days
After you were cleared to runway 18 you were told to contact Tower when established, but you contacted Approach instead.
03/12/2023 11:34:31: 800 - Transcript: 'Easy 203 Cleared for the ILS runway 18 Approach Contact Tower on 118.35  when established. descend on ILS  '
03/12/2023 11:34:45: 950 - Transcript: 'until established on the ILS runway 18  descend on ILS   Tower on 118.35  when established. Easy 203  '
03/12/2023 11:35:12: 270 - Transcript: 'Approach Easy 203 is with you at 4 thousand  '
03/12/2023 11:35:19: 300 - Transcript: 'Easy 203 Roger  '

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
musky
Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:41 am

Hi Dave,
I have tried both 3.21.51 and now 3.21.50 to see if the TOD pause issue I reported was resolved, but I have not been able to get that far.

With both these versions, I get the initial IFR Briefing message and then no other response, when I press 0 for clearance nothing, When I tune ATIS I get nothing. The red/green indicators show that PF3 is communicating with sim. But not with me.
Regards
Mark

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(40.75 KiB) Downloaded 285 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:58 pm
Site Admin

Check your simrate, it needs to be reset to normal

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
musky
Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:39 am

The sim rate issue is bizarre, I do not even know how to change the sim rate, let alone set it back to normal. Did read, though, that the sim rate returns to normal at the start of every flight, so I thought OK, no problem, but the next flight the same sim rate error occurred in the PF3 log file. Ended up having to download some add on tool to set it to 1 which PF3 was happy with.

Tried flight with 3.21.51 especially keen to try new descent profile options as I also thought PF3 was not nearly as good as it used to be with descents. Set descent profile to "Long" for next flight, but way passed the FMC TOD and still no instructions to descend from PF3, left it as long as I could until altitude tape on PFD was flashing I was so far off flight profile that I requested descent myself.

Pause at TOD did not work

And PF3 stopped communicating after passing me from approach to tower. I have auto-tuned set so if the wrong tower frequency is being set it must be PF3 that is setting it.

Just for completeness of information, I am flying the ATR 72

Thanks in advance
Mark

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(596.74 KiB) Downloaded 309 times

Profile Quote
musky
Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:56 pm

Unfortunately it seems my PF3 is completely screwed and I am going to have to do a complete clean install which I hope will resolve on my issues. Every time I try a flight PF3 gets the same sim rate "set to 0 error", even though my sim rate is definitely at the default setting. So I will see how it goes after clean install

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:25 pm
Site Admin

Very strange... I did a test flight this afternoon and configured PF3 to pause at 50 miles from my destination and it worked no problem.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
musky
Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:13 pm

Dave, I have been to hell and back trying to get to the bottom of ALL my problems with PF3 over the last couple of days and you are not going to believe me when I tell what I think the cause has been.

The biggest problem was every time I ran PF3 it thought the sim rate was being set to 0, well not by me it wasn't. This was a complete show stopper I couldn't get passed this problem. After spending hours going through a process of elimination including a full clean install of PF3 and still PF3 thought sim rate was being set to 0.

I had nothing left to try but reverting back to a previous version of FSUIPC7, I had recently updated to version 4.0 and when I reverted back to 7.3.25 this sim rate problem has gone.

I need to do a full flight to see if this has resolved any other problems I was having but I wouldn't be surprised. Of course it may be some FSUIPC7 setting that caused the issue rather than the actual program. I went over a year without be able to complete a single MSFS bush trip and then during the process of reinstalling MSFS I identified 2 settings in the FSUIPC7 ini file that was the cause of my bush trip woes. I recently switched over to SPAD.NEXT so PF3 is now the only reason I have to use FSUIPC7.

Regards
Mark

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:19 am
Site Admin

Wow! Very interesting. I will investigate further. Thank you so much for the feedback

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
musky
Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:34 am

Hi Dave,
Intrigued by this one, and it happened twice, so I have gone back to 3.21.0.

Was trying latest beta .51 and during climb out after departure was passing around 14000 for cruise at 19000 (ATR) when PF3 instructed descent to 10000. The first time it happened, I just quit out the flight. But the second time I played along with PF3, so I could get a complete log.

Not withstanding the above anomaly, I have thought for a while that PF3 is not as good now (MSFS) as it was with P3D during both climb and descent phases. I am sure when I first read the manual, it stated it was best to let PF3 decide on your descent profile, which is what in the main I have done. But now you do tend to be left high and dry if you do not request descent yourself.

Thanks in advance
Mark

Attachments
debug_monitor_231214.zip
(746.04 KiB) Downloaded 241 times

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: