OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Pushback direction and holding point too close to runway.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
SkyCamel
Post subject: Pushback direction and holding point too close to runway.
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:29 pm

First question is how to figure out what the taxi direction given by PF3-ATC actually means.
Is it the direction the nose should be pointing or the direction where the runway is?
Sometimes I'm parked with the nose towards the Nord and I get instruction to pushback facing South which is impossible.
In this particular flight it is I assume correct "South West" seen from the cockpit.
Another issue is that always the holding point towards the runway is way too close, I'm almost on the runway (see log)
After the last MSFS update I ran Makerwys and then updated the PF3 database so that should be ok.
Cheers,
Luc

Attachments
debug_monitor-EGLL-EGNM.zip
(634.85 KiB) Downloaded 117 times

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: Pushback direction and holding point too close to runway.
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:45 pm

As for "Holds" you can specify any waypoint to hold at,not necessarily at the last waypoint,so something say about 10-15nm's from airport will be fine.
Can you attach your flightplan for this flight as i did this only a few days ago please.
If you use TGS it will point you in the right direction with regards to pushback direction and taxi to runway,

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
johnhinson
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:39 am

Dave Leesley wrote: *  Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:45 pm
As for "Holds" you can specify any waypoint to hold at,not necessarily at the last waypoint,so something say about 10-15nm's from airport will be fine.
I think Luc may be meaning Hold Short Points whilst taxying out, Dave. I don't know if this is configurable in the settings.

Luc - the position of the Hold Short markings are defined in MSFS. PF3 doesn't refer to these but should tell you to Contact Tower before you reach them. If you haven't had instructions by then, you should stop at/before the markings. You can change channel to contact Tower if you haven't been told to. That should normally only be necessary if you are not joining the runway at its end.

Hope that helps.

John

My co-pilot is called Sid and he's a real Star!

Profile Quote
SkyCamel
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:49 am

Yes, I meant holding before the runway while taxiing. I will get it eventually, first I get "steady, steady, .." taxi instruction but always way too close
to the runway. And than PF3 will switch channel. Also, I can't seem to find the hotkey for requesting to cross a runway?(default hotkeys in use)
Cheers, Luc

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:33 am
Site Admin

SkyCamel wrote: *  Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:49 am
Yes, I meant holding before the runway while taxiing. I will get it eventually, first I get "steady, steady, .." taxi instruction but always way too close
to the runway. And than PF3 will switch channel. Also, I can't seem to find the hotkey for requesting to cross a runway?(default hotkeys in use)
Cheers, Luc
The default hotkey to continue taxi or requesting crossing a runway is C\S\0.

In addition to what John explained above, if you get to the holding point but still haven't been passed over to tower, simply hit hotkey #1 to stop TGS, then tune to tower and hit hotkey #6

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
SkyCamel
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:03 am

Dave Leesley wrote: *  Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:45 pm
Can you attach your flightplan for this flight as i did this only a few days ago please.
@ Dave L.
attached FP

Attachments
FPP_EGLL-EGNM.zip
(10.49 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:25 am
Site Admin

SkyCamel wrote: *  Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:29 pm
First question is how to figure out what the taxi direction given by PF3-ATC actually means.
Is it the direction the nose should be pointing or the direction where the runway is?
Sometimes I'm parked with the nose towards the Nord and I get instruction to pushback facing South which is impossible.
In this particular flight it is I assume correct "South West" seen from the cockpit.
Another issue is that always the holding point towards the runway is way too close, I'm almost on the runway (see log)
After the last MSFS update I ran Makerwys and then updated the PF3 database so that should be ok.
Cheers,
Luc
Sorry I seemed to have missed this question.

When you get taxi instructions and they say heading south it means the direction the a/c should be pointing (or thereabouts) when the pushback is complete. It doesn't have to be exact, it just gives you an idea the direction your first taxi waypoint is going to be.

Regarding the holding point, Martin has been looking into this and seems to have found a resolution. We will hopefully be able to offer it in the next beta provided testing goes okay.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: