OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Incorrect vectors

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
pck42
Post subject: Incorrect vectors
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:54 pm

Hi Dave, Hope you are fully recovered and feeling good. Skip to the point where I received the vectors for Runway 31.
Flying into KORL on a heading of 348. ATC instructs me to turn left to 340 and report being establish for landing. Doing so however will bring me to the left of the airport nowhere near runway 31.
Correct vector would come earlier and direct me to a heading of 070 bringing me perpendicular to runway for a left turn to line up with runway 31.
This has happened before when directed to runway 25 ISL. The vectors given had me flying away from the airport. What is happening? BTW Beyond ATC is delayed as they make changes to accommodate FS2024
pck42

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(604.35 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Incorrect vectors
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:30 pm

I took a quick look at your log and noticed that you have your FAF Distance (Options #2, Advanced Options, Approach section) set at 1. This is VERY short and will bring you to intercept the final approach course only one mile from the runway. The default value is 7. You may want to try increasing this value, which will vector you to intercept the final approach course farther out from the runway.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:48 pm
Site Admin

pck42 wrote: *  Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:54 pm
Hi Dave, Hope you are fully recovered and feeling good. Skip to the point where I received the vectors for Runway 31.
Flying into KORL on a heading of 348. ATC instructs me to turn left to 340 and report being establish for landing. Doing so however will bring me to the left of the airport nowhere near runway 31.
Correct vector would come earlier and direct me to a heading of 070 bringing me perpendicular to runway for a left turn to line up with runway 31.
This has happened before when directed to runway 25 ISL. The vectors given had me flying away from the airport. What is happening? BTW Beyond ATC is delayed as they make changes to accommodate FS2024
pck42
Thank you. Please see how things go after following Dan's advice and if you still have an issue report back with a new log

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pck42
Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:10 pm

Dan/Dave. All is well now. You fellows been to one of our American football games?
pck42

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:39 am
Site Admin

I haven't even been to an English football game since I was 5 !!

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: