OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Flightplan question

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
rob_1965
Post subject: Flightplan question
Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:59 pm

Hello Dave,

I have a question. When I create my flightplan in Simbrief, and I import it into PF3-ATC, it seems I have different waypoints. I think that might be the reason that i am not always on course during the flight. The flightplan that I have in the FMC, is not the same as the one in PF3-ATC,although they should be the same.
Could you help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Rob Peters.

Profile Quote
pointy56
Post subject: Re: Flightplan question
Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:57 pm

Which aircraft are you using, and does it load the flight plan directly from Simbrief into the FMC?
What format do you use when exporting the flight plan from Simbrief to use with PF3?
Have you updated PF3 so that it is using the same AIRAC version as you're using with Simbrief?

I also use Simbrief, but don't see the sort of problems that you're having.
I've recently been using the 787-10 in MSFS, the FMC now loads directly from Simbrief and has the same waypoints as PF3.

I'm sure we'll be able to point you in the right direction if we can have a bit more information.

Cheers,
Martin

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:02 pm

After loading a flight plan in PF3, and before connecting to the simulator, click on the "Adjust Altitudes, SIDs, STARs, and Holds" button on the main PF3 screen. This will show the flight plan as loaded into PF3. The waypoints should be the same as those in your imported flight plan, with the addition of some XXX waypoints. The XXX waypoints are just control-sector boundaries added by PF3, and they are always on the direct line connecting your regular waypoints, so this should not affect your route in any way. As long as you follow the flight plan you loaded into PF3, you should not have a problem.

If the flight plan that loads into your FMC is different, I'm not sure why that would be the case.

(Oops, I was typing at the same time as Martin's response above ;) )

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
rob_1965
Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:37 pm

pointy56 wrote: *  Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:57 pm
Which aircraft are you using, and does it load the flight plan directly from Simbrief into the FMC?
What format do you use when exporting the flight plan from Simbrief to use with PF3?
Have you updated PF3 so that it is using the same AIRAC version as you're using with Simbrief?

I also use Simbrief, but don't see the sort of problems that you're having.
I've recently been using the 787-10 in MSFS, the FMC now loads directly from Simbrief and has the same waypoints as PF3.

I'm sure we'll be able to point you in the right direction if we can have a bit more information.

Cheers,
Martin
Hello Martin,

Thank you for your quick response. I am using the PMDG 737-800. I download it directly into the FMC with Simbrief downloader. I use the.pln format. I haven’t updated the AIRAC of PF3. I will do that when I get home.

Profile Quote
rob_1965
Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:46 pm

Dan77 wrote: *  Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:02 pm
After loading a flight plan in PF3, and before connecting to the simulator, click on the "Adjust Altitudes, SIDs, STARs, and Holds" button on the main PF3 screen. This will show the flight plan as loaded into PF3. The waypoints should be the same as those in your imported flight plan, with the addition of some XXX waypoints. The XXX waypoints are just control-sector boundaries added by PF3, and they are always on the direct line connecting your regular waypoints, so this should not affect your route in any way. As long as you follow the flight plan you loaded into PF3, you should not have a problem.

If the flight plan that loads into your FMC is different, I'm not sure why that would be the case.

(Oops, I was typing at the same time as Martin's response above ;) )
Hello Dan,

I will look into that. The problem is also that everything goes well in the beginning. I am cleared for push and start, then I am cleared for taxi, after that cleared for take-off, handed over to departure. And then I am stuck at around fl80(the altitude i get at the clearance). When i request a higher altitude, i don’t get permission. After that i don’t hear anything anymore.
I must be doing something wrong. I use MCE as voice recognition program.
I really hope you can help me!

Cheers,

Rob.

Profile Quote
rob_1965
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:27 pm

Hello Dan,

Do you think you have a solution?

Cheers,

Rob.

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:05 pm

OK, I generated your flight in Simbrief today, set it up in PF3 and flew it using the PMDG 737-600 with the FMC.
Here's the flight plan using the AMTO2X SID and the NONT3C STAR: LEBB/10 AMTO2X AMTOS R75 NEA UN864 NONTU NONT3C LEMD/32L
I exported the plan from Simbrief in FS2020 format (.pln), *with* the procedures.

The first thing that I did in PF3 was set-up the runways for departure and arrival by selecting the SIDs/STARs button, as follows:
[ attachment ]
LEBB Runways.png (48.57 KiB) Viewed 9353 times
[ attachment ]
LEMD Runways.png (64.78 KiB) Viewed 9353 times
This ensures that PF3 will only use the runways that the flight plan is based upon; you will see that I also named the SID and STAR being used.

Next I loaded the flight plan, which gave me the following NOTAM (which I ignored):
[ attachment ]
NOTAM 1.png (12.42 KiB) Viewed 9353 times
I then used the "Adjust Altitudes, SIDs, STARs, and Holds" button to tweak the flight plan, as Dan mentioned previously. This is the original:
[ attachment ]
Original PF3 Flight plan.png (44.51 KiB) Viewed 9353 times
I selected the End of SID and Start of STAR points, and deleted waypoints within the SID and STAR - this is what it looked like when I finished:
[ attachment ]
Final PF3 Flight plan.png (33.69 KiB) Viewed 9353 times
This may look somewhat drastic, but these are the only waypoints that PF3 needs to be aware of for this flight plan.
One thing to note is that strictly there is an altitude restriction at NEA, you must be between 9500 and 14500 feet.
Similarly at NONTU you must be between 15000 and 24000 feet. You can, of course, choose to ignore these and choose a 'better' cruising altitude.

I then loaded MSFS, and set the aircraft at the selected departure gate at Bilbao and connected PF3.
Then I proceeded to set-up the aircraft; the FMC was loaded from Simbrief and the departure and arrival procedures were added to the route.
I then connected PF3, listened to the ATIS and contacted the Tower (no Clearance at Bilbao) to get the flight underway.
After takeoff control was handed over to the FMC, which followed the planned route exactly - ATC only provided altitude changes.
The flight went as expected, following the arrival procedure onto the ILS for runway 32L at Madrid and landing.

I'm not suggesting that what I did was the best way, and it may seem quite long winded, but it shows that PF3 can work with Simbrief and the FMC.
I'm happy to answer questions on the above, or take advice from the more experienced users on this forum that have other ways of achieving similar results.

Cheers,
Martin

[ img ]

Profile Quote
rob_1965
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:19 am

Hello Martin,

Thank you very much for your help! I really appreciate you helping me!
I will try to fly this today. (Family life sometimes gets in the way….)
I will let you know how it went!

Cheers,

Rob.

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:07 am

You're welcome, and I know what you mean about life getting in the way - even for us retired folk.
If you want to keep things a little easier don't restrict the altitudes for the waypoints, just remove the SID/STAR.
This is what it looks like with a cruise at FL330 - PF3 should step climb you:
[ attachment ]
New PF3 Flight plan.png (44.11 KiB) Viewed 9346 times
Cheers,
Martin

[ img ]

Profile Quote
rob_1965
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:10 am

Thank you for your help!
I am sure it will work out!