OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Autostarting FSUIPC with MSFS 2020

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Locked   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
pointy56
Post subject: Autostarting FSUIPC with MSFS 2020
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:04 pm

Recently there have been a couple of issues raised in the forum that are due to FSUIPC not running, in particular when using MSFS 2020.
For me FSUIPC starts automatically with MSFS, and I am not using a batch file - so I went looking for an answer.
I found a detailed explanation, and a potential solution, on the excellent FSUIPC support forum - here: https://forum.simflight.com/topic/95918 ... -msfs2020/

The attached file provides a simple utility that will check that FSUIPC is running - it is fairly self-explanatory when executed.
It could be used, for example, to check if FSUIPC is starting once the MSFS configuration has been updated (although you should see a splash screen).

Hopefully the above will prove helpful to those having problems with MSFS 2020 and FSUIPC.

Cheers,
Martin

Attachments
FSUIPC-Tester.zip
(407.7 KiB) Downloaded 126 times

[ img ]

Dave March
Post subject: Re: Autostarting FSUIPC with MSFS 2020
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:02 am
Site Admin

Thank you Martin, that certainly refreshed my memory. As you know I haven't used MSFS in 9 months but I do now remember the EXE.XML file. I do still seem to remember though in the early days of FSUIPC7 you had to run the batch file which started FSUIPC in a delayed startup waiting for FS... but hey, I may be wrong.

With regard the EXE.XML file I also had issues with other addons either not updating/appending it correctly and/or overwriting it completely. After a fresh install of MSFS and FSUIPC I always made a copy of that file which is how I discovered the other addon issues. Can't honestly remember which addons they were, even though I didn't run many... maybe AxisAndOhs or some utility that had to run with the Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo setup.

Is setting that startup file a default option now in the FSUIPC installer would you know?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

pointy56
Post subject: Re: Autostarting FSUIPC with MSFS 2020
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:25 pm

Looking at the web-page again it suggests that setting up the EXE.XML file is an option, rather than the default.

Cheers,
Martin

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: