OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Beyond 'BeyondATC'...

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 4  [ 33 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Beyond 'BeyondATC'...
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:48 am
Site Admin

RALF9636 wrote: *  Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:57 am
Dear Dave,

your contribution to the flightsim community in the recent 30 years is outstanding. You have always been most helpful, polite, honest, pleasant and responsive to user critics and suggestions, offering an exemplary support for your product. It has always been a joy to come to your forum.

Being a flightsimmer for some 30 years (well, support forums on the internet weren't a thing back then...) I can say that about only a handful of developers.

I have been with you on this journey for a long time. I still remember using PFE and FDC but don't even know anymore which simulator these were for ;). Thanks to your invitation I have been part of the development of PF3 since nearly ten years (how time flies). It has always been a great pleasure to work with you. Seeing PF3 evolve according to - among others - my suggestions in particular regarding VFR operations and the cooperation with MCE was a very nice experience.
PF3 has come a long way in the recent years and it will have its place in the flightsim community still for years to come.

Even though a time to move on might come, by all means PF3 has its prominent place in my flightsimming experience over the recent ten years - just as you will always have a place in my heart.

Enjoy your retirement age in good health!

All my best wishes!

Ralf
Thank you so much Ralf for your very, very kind words. As I said in my announcement, PF3 will continue to be enhanced and supported but there will not be a PF4.

Thank YOU for all your help and assistance over the years too.

Very best wishes.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:06 pm

Dave's dedication to customer support is well known to everyone in the flight sim community, and PF3 users include a number of licensed pilots, which says quite a bit about the program. I've enjoyed helping out with testing and support and I do think PF3 will continue to be in demand because not all simmers will want or be able to use all the bells and whistles in the new program. Thank you Dave!

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:51 am
Site Admin

Dan77 wrote: *  Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:06 pm
Dave's dedication to customer support is well known to everyone in the flight sim community, and PF3 users include a number of licensed pilots, which says quite a bit about the program. I've enjoyed helping out with testing and support and I do think PF3 will continue to be in demand because not all simmers will want or be able to use all the bells and whistles in the new program. Thank you Dave!
Thank you Dan... much appreciated

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:10 pm

Hi Dave!

I have yet to really get back into the cockpit of Microsoft Download Simulator 2020 (and now they announced a 2024 version!), apart from few ATC-less local flights I still feel a bit out of place with it. It is wonderful, but it feels like having to learn everything from scratch again.

Thank you for the pointer to a good alternative to PF3 in case we want to try something new, but learning a new ATC program would even add more things to the list :)

And most of all: Thank you for PF3, which for me made the difference between a flying-game and a flight simulator!

I wish you all the best,
Thomas

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:49 am
Site Admin

ThomasAH wrote: *  Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:10 pm
Hi Dave!

I have yet to really get back into the cockpit of Microsoft Download Simulator 2020 (and now they announced a 2024 version!), apart from few ATC-less local flights I still feel a bit out of place with it. It is wonderful, but it feels like having to learn everything from scratch again.

Thank you for the pointer to a good alternative to PF3 in case we want to try something new, but learning a new ATC program would even add more things to the list :)

And most of all: Thank you for PF3, which for me made the difference between a flying-game and a flight simulator!

I wish you all the best,
Thomas
Thank you Thomas

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:46 pm

When i was considering wich ATC Add-on would be the best for me and then came across PF3, it was that i have a nice blue cardboard box with a Learjet and PROFLIGHT 2000 in big Letters on it, still in my storage. As this was one of the best ever addons to get ATC in the SIM first time ever, while the FS didn´t provide a native ATC system that old days. It was one of these directing milestones in flight simulation and was "Beyond" already that time.

I hit the "buy" button for PF3 and never regret, since.

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:11 pm
Site Admin

Thank you Bernd

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnF
Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:59 pm

I cannot remember how long I have been using your ATC program ,but it is many years.
Thank you Dave and enjoy your well earned retirement.

John Farrar.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:01 am
Site Admin

JohnF wrote: *  Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:59 pm
I cannot remember how long I have been using your ATC program ,but it is many years.
Thank you Dave and enjoy your well earned retirement.
Thank you John and it's only semi-retirement ;-)

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pck42
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:59 pm

Hello Dave, Thanks for reactivating me, all seems good now with TSG.
'm glad you are recovering albeit it slowly. Keep the faith bro.
As far as BeondATC, I have seen some videos on it and it does look interesting, like an enhanced version of PF3+MCE. I probably will try it in the future, but I doubt they will offer a "Try it before you Buy it" option which was such a great selling point on PF3. Seems like the initial release will be for IFR flights only so I'm not too interested in that right now. I'll continue to enjoy PF3.

Which brings up a point i have never been able to resolve. After contacting Approach on a VFR flight, Hotkey 2 asks for an instrument approach and Hotkey 7 asks for vectors. With over 1000 flight hours, the only answer ever provided is "Unable at this time." That just doesn't seem right to me, so my question is under what flight conditions would I receive the information I'm asking for?
Take your time in answering, I'm just curious. Thanks
pck42

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 4  [ 33 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: