OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Beyond 'BeyondATC'...

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 33 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
Dave March
Post subject: Beyond 'BeyondATC'...
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:36 pm
Site Admin

As most of you will already be aware there is a new ATC program on final approach, due to land either this quarter or next. By what I've seen it looks very good. I haven't listened to any of the AI voices though due to my almost non-existent hearing. Having an experienced team of developers behind the product, who reportedly are also keen flight sim enthusiast, I'm sure it will prove very successful and I wish them all the very best with their endeavours.

So where does this leave PF3 you might ask?

Well I'm 73 now and have absolutely no desire at all to even attempt to compete with this or any other ATC program that may arrive in the future... I've been writing flight sim addons for nearly 30 years and enough is probably enough.

However, PF3 WILL continue but there will not be any MAJOR updates going forward. I intend to keep the product available for those who perhaps won't be able to afford the new program or maybe even won't require all the features offered. I also intend to continue supporting PF3 as I have in the past and this means adding new enhancements as and when they are suggested or come to mind.

Thank you all for your continued support.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: Beyond 'BeyondATC'...
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:54 pm

Dave,
I think you will find that a good majority will continue to use PF3 as we have always done,some may switch if they think that the new programme will offer a "whole new experience" look at the competitor at the time of PF3's birth...i purchased it thinking it was going to be great...but i was wrong, as it was more of a bollocking tool if you slightly screwed up,so PF3 will continue to be suited for us users that want a "friendlier approach" to FS ATC.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alfred57
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:04 pm

For sure you made PF3 a very high standard program. Maybe in the future it wiil have the same functions but that will take some time. For now I will keep PF3 as my ATC program, Thanks for providing it en keep healthy

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:30 am
Site Admin

Thanks Dave

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:31 am
Site Admin

Alfred57 wrote:
For sure you made PF3 a very high standard program. Maybe in the future it wiil have the same functions but that will take some time. For now I will keep PF3 as my ATC program, Thanks for providing it en keep healthy
Thank you for your kind words

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
SkyCamel
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:26 pm

I must say, when I saw this announcement my first gut reaction was "@#&´§", I just bought this and no it's announced "end of live" so to speak.
But I was fully aware that a new Add-on was seeing the light in the next months and as I stated before, PF3 will have been worth every penny even if I ever decide to change to the new Add-on (which will not be soon). I'm enjoying my ATC today and despite the occasional hick-up it is a great Add-on that I will enjoy for a long time to come. I know sometimes I can be a bit harsh in my comments, but I do appreciate the excellent support given by you and your "assistants"
Cheers,
Luc

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:01 pm
Site Admin

Then you Luc... much appreciated

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:51 pm

Been with PF3 for many, many years. It is still a great ATC program.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:54 am
Site Admin

bobsk8 wrote: *  Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:51 pm
Been with PF3 for many, many years. It is still a great ATC program.
Thank you

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:57 am

Dear Dave,

your contribution to the flightsim community in the recent 30 years is outstanding. You have always been most helpful, polite, honest, pleasant and responsive to user critics and suggestions, offering an exemplary support for your product. It has always been a joy to come to your forum.

Being a flightsimmer for some 30 years (well, support forums on the internet weren't a thing back then...) I can say that about only a handful of developers.

I have been with you on this journey for a long time. I still remember using PFE and FDC but don't even know anymore which simulator these were for ;). Thanks to your invitation I have been part of the development of PF3 since nearly ten years (how time flies). It has always been a great pleasure to work with you. Seeing PF3 evolve according to - among others - my suggestions in particular regarding VFR operations and the cooperation with MCE was a very nice experience.
PF3 has come a long way in the recent years and it will have its place in the flightsim community still for years to come.

Even though a time to move on might come, by all means PF3 has its prominent place in my flightsimming experience over the recent ten years - just as you will always have a place in my heart.

Enjoy your retirement age in good health!

All my best wishes!

Ralf

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 4  [ 33 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: