OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

I didn't manage to connect the control tower

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
Alvaro
Post subject: I didn't manage to connect the control tower
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:57 am

I have installed the demo for the latest version of the simulator, P3D5.4, on 64-byte Windows with FSUIPC, registered, and I have tried to use it, but to no avail. Maybe because of my lack of English, I didn't manage to connect the control tower to the plane. Please tell me if I can do anything to make it work properly, or is it an insurmountable incompatibility. The program connects with the simulator, it gives me radio frequency, but I don't have a tower when I roll or when I'm on the air. I admit that I have not been able to discover the command to make the connection between tower and simulator.

I would love to have your program, as I have always liked it, but I have never been able to use it 100%

I remain in your hands!

Thank you very much, and have a nice afternoon

Attachments
[ attachment ]
2023-06-27 08_35_22-.png (166.47 KiB) Viewed 8466 times
XDebug.rar
(340 Bytes) Downloaded 411 times
[ attachment ]
2023-06-27 08_35_22-.png (166.47 KiB) Viewed 8466 times

Profile Quote
Alvaro
Post subject: Re: I didn't manage to connect the control tower
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:01 pm

XDebug.rar
(340 Bytes) Downloaded 419 times
Another image

Attachments
[ attachment ]
3.- START.png (233.97 KiB) Viewed 8465 times
[ attachment ]
2.- START.png (180.76 KiB) Viewed 8465 times

Profile Quote
Alvaro
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:03 pm

Another image, and thank you very much for any help you can give me
Happy weekend

Attachments
XDebug.rar
(340 Bytes) Downloaded 417 times

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:42 am

[Moved to this forum as it relates to PF3, not Web Display]

As part of PF3 set-up you need to run MakeRwys and load the resulting files into PF3 if you have not already done this. The process is described under 'Rebuild PF3 Database Procedure' in the user guide - you need to select 'Options #1' then 'Rebuild PF3 Database' and follow the on-screen instructions.

To connect PF3 to FS you will need to select the flight plan you wish to use - click 'Select a Flight Plan' on the initial PF3 screen.
Once you have completed that the 'Connect to FS' button on the initial PF3 screen should become available and clicking it will start PF3 ATC.

I hope that this helps, but please come back if you still have problems (and please attach your debug_monitor.log for the relevant session).

Cheers,
Martin

PS I believe that you can ignore the message about .NET Core as you are running the demo version - it relates to updating the full version.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alvaro
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:37 am

Martin, I have read and followed your instructions. I have the program installed and I have run it once, but at the moment I have not managed to communicate with control tower. I don't want to jump to conclusions, so I'm going to look a little more at the manual to see how the contact with control tower is established, it may be just a one-command thing. I'll let you know the results once I've done the checks.

I am very grateful for your attention and I wish you a good day.

See you soon!

Alvaro

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:51 pm
Site Admin

Please attach the debug_monitor.log file from your PF3/Logs folder

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alvaro
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:45 am

Martin, I have managed to make the program work for me. It was all about the configuration of the actions and the makerunways thing. I liked it, I think it's a fine and delicate work. I still have to try it a few more times because there are many things that I lack to understand and it dominates, added to the fact that my precarious English makes things difficult for me. At the moment I have these questions:

1. Is it possible to choose the ATC audio, in my case Spanish as the default language of communications with control tower?

2. What are the commands to request backtracking, taxiing and communicate arrival at the head of the runway?

3. Is it possible to see and read the control tower dialogs on screen? This would make it much easier for me to understand the messages received, because by reading English I have a better chance of understanding content.

4. Is there an option to interact with voice control tower?

5. What consequences does it have for the player to fly IFR, VFR, with autopilot, GPS, or without them, always from the point of view of the relationship and functions with the software

6. Can I include flight plans prepared with programs such as Ideal Flight, SimBrief or other similar ones?

Well, Martin, I'm not bothering him anymore. I am waiting, and I thank you for any help you can give me.

My best wishes for recovery and life for the programmer and owner of the software who I found out was going through a difficult time.

Thank you very much, and kind regards

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:43 pm

That's a lot of questions but I'll try to answer a few of them at least.

1. No, the commands and voice files are in English.

2. A summary of key commands can be found in the User Guide, p. 142, located in your PF3\Help directory. In PF3 I'd suggest selecting the 'Auto Tune Initial Facility' option (Options #2 screen, Advanced Options and INI File Tweaks, COMs section) so PF3 will automatically tune the initial ATC facility when you connect. On the Options #1 screen I would suggest CP Mode 2, so PF3 will handle the COMs for you.

3. Again on the Options #2 screen, Advanced Options and INI File Tweaks, at right, ATC Log section, select 'Show log on connect'. When you connect PF3 to the flight simulator this will open a window that shows the most recent ATC communications with you.

4. Voice control is possible with use of voice recognition software. Many PF3 users use MCE for voice recognition, but this is not required and PF3 can be used with key commands.

5. You can fly IFR or VFR, according to your flight plan. PF3 expects you to follow your flight plan and hit your waypoints, but how you navigate is up to you. You can use VOR/NDB, GPS, FMC in your aircraft, autopilot, or whatever you like.

6. Yes you can use flight plans prepared with other flight planners. PF3 can read flight plans in pln or xml format. If you use a flight planner there should be a way to export the flight plan in an FSX format and PF3 should be able to use it when you load it. Be sure the filed cruise altitude is correct, as PF3 expects you to reach your filed cruise altitude.

Hopefully that will help you get started.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Alvaro
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:48 am

Dan
Good morning:

I would like to insist on the issue of the possibility for the software to display the text of communications with air traffic control tower on the PC screen.

On the other hand, I would like to express that I have followed your excellent instructions and suggestions to the letter. . Very clear and precise. I'm going to do some test flights these days and I try to contact you once I have a solid impression of the software.
Thank you very much for everything, and my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that may have caused you
Kind regards.

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:00 am

I'm pleased that Dan was able to answer most of your questions.
Alvaro wrote: *  Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:48 am
I would like to insist on the issue of the possibility for the software to display the text of communications with air traffic control tower on the PC screen.
This is available using the Remote Text program that comes with PF3 - please refer to section 14 of the User Guide for instructions.

Regards,
Martin

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: