OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Requesting Different Runway

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Sabretooth78
Post subject: Requesting Different Runway
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:35 pm

When I request a different runway after receiving taxi clearance, PF3 will naturally approve my request; however, I've noticed that the taxi guidance instructions it provides are still to the original runway. Also, it seems to reset my departure clearance once it gives me takeoff clearance. (There have been a few times I've missed this and then gotten yelled at in the air when I exceed that new altitude clearance because it was lower than the one I intially received.)

This is in P3D v5.3 running PF3 3.20.0.

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Requesting Different Runway
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:09 am

We need to see a debug log from an affected flight. If you don't have a recent log please submit one the next time it happens.

If you are flying with SID mode activated there are times when you may need a revised departure clearance after requesting a runway change, because the parameters for the new runway differ from those of the original runway. We need to see the log to have an idea of what is going on.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Sabretooth78
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:36 pm

I just had it happen today again, logs attached.

I don't use the SID/STAR feature inasmuch as they are intended, though I do use SimRandomizer and that does utilize them to an extent, though I believe not runway-specific. In any event, this never used to happen.

Flight plan was KBOS-KBUF. Original departure clearance was to FL310. I was then directed to taxi to RWY 04L, but I overrode it to RWY 09 to better align with the wind (and it was the runway the actual flight used). Taxi instructions remained the same, although this perhaps isn't the best example as 04L and 09 are essentially the same. Still, I needed to manually request takeoff clearance once at the runway (as I occasionally do anyway). Once received, I was directed to climb only to 4000. Fortunately this was still compatible with the HYLND6 SID.

After that, everything worked normally.
Logs.zip
(653.94 KiB) Downloaded 160 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:25 pm

Thanks for providing the log. We're going to have to wait for Dave to have a look at this. It doesn't appear that a taxi route was recalculated after the runway change was approved, and the departure clearance really shouldn't be revised unless the runway-specific SID information for the new runway differs from the old runway.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Sabretooth78
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:00 am

This is basically how I set the SID/STAR panel up. Go-around altitudes per the charts and some runway use designations, but nothing else. The fields in the bottom right are populated by SimRandomizer.
[ attachment ]
Screenshot 2023-07-05 225815.png (144.52 KiB) Viewed 4251 times

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: