OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Updates

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 21 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
pointy56
Post subject: Re: Updates
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:13 pm

Ok, that's the old updater which has now been superceded (I've just checked and it was current until 3.17) - the new one looks like this:
[ attachment ]
2023-07-13 16_07_56-Alienware Command Center.png (5.05 KiB) Viewed 5477 times
Can you please try temporarily disabling Defender and download/run the cumulative update again - that should work and bring you up to 3.20.0.
(Dave might have an alternative suggestion, but he may not see this for a day or so)

Regards,
Martin

[ img ]

Profile Quote
SkyCamel
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:47 pm

Even switching off Defender completely doesn't help. I wished I stayed with the demo version. Every 10 minutes clicking ok is annoying but at least it worked.
Since I installed the paid version I spend more time getting it to work than actually flying.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:06 pm
Site Admin

But are you now trying the cumulative updates package downloaded from the maintenance post at the top of the forum? If you are what error message are you getting?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
SkyCamel
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:46 am

Yes, it's from the download link above
[ attachment ]
Screenshot 2023-07-14 084124.png (14.18 KiB) Viewed 5463 times

Profile Quote
johnhinson
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:01 am

SkyCamel wrote: *  Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:47 pm
Even switching off Defender completely doesn't help. I wished I stayed with the demo version. Every 10 minutes clicking ok is annoying but at least it worked.
Since I installed the paid version I spend more time getting it to work than actually flying.
Windows Defender tends to just say that for any EXE file download it comes across that it isn't familiar with.

In case it helps, here are details here of how to temporarily turn WD off:
https://softwarekeep.com/help-center/op ... 0245666160

Alternatively, Dave might be willing to pack it into a ZIP file for you which shouldn't frighten WD in the same way?

John

My co-pilot is called Sid and he's a real Star!

Profile Quote
SkyCamel
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:50 am

@johnhinson I followed the link and tried to do what was explained. But it doesn't work, actually I even can't turn of Real Time virus protection, within a second it automatically switches back on. So I did some more googling and I then tried with GPEDIT to switch off the Real Time virus protection.
That worked but I still get the same error and windows still doesn't want to run the setup.
With all due respect, this really should not be the case that I have to go and fiddle in settings or registry just to be able to update a software I just bought.
I never had this with any other add-on I bought, in worst case I had to allow the software to pass through the firewall.
I know it's windows blablabla but I 'm not a developer, I shouldn't be the one dealing with this.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:06 pm
Site Admin

I completely understand your frustration and can only apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you to date. But it's equally frustrating for us too. PF3 is purchased many times a day and the updates package is also downloaded multiple times daily.

The problem you're experiencing has not, to the very best of my recollection, happened before. Yes we have those users who reported false negatives occasionally but we've never had someone who couldn't install the cumulative updates package. If you can't find a way to turn off Windows Defender, using the provided link above, and you are unable to stop your other anti virus messing with PF3, then I really don't know what else we can do for you.

If you want to deactivate the software, uninstall it, then send me an email direct with your activation code I'll gladly refund you in full.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:10 pm

SkyCamel wrote: *  Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:46 am
Yes, it's from the download link above

Screenshot 2023-07-14 084124.png
Did you look at 'Method 4 - Repair the File Explorer' in the link provided by John Hinson - it suggests another fix for this very problem.

Martin

Profile Quote
SkyCamel
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:40 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:06 pm

If you want to deactivate the software, uninstall it, then send me an email direct with your activation code I'll gladly refund you in full.
Nope, even as frustrated as I am, I'm not seeking for a refund, just want to enjoy using it.
Even if today the big hype seems to be "BeyondATC" I still decided to go ahead with purchasing PF3.
Here my comment on Discord;
I was about to buy PF3 but a few days ago I read the news about BATC. So I first decided to wait but I will go ahead with PF3 anyway
It's not perfect but it's certainly better then the default ATC and at least it will give me some immersion, better than silence. And it's only about 21£ so if BATC will be out with something stable in 6 or 8 months I know I will have gotten my money's worth for what I paid for PF3

So it's not about the money, just want it to work. I will keep on digging and thank you to those who suggested possible solutions.
Cheers,
Luc

Profile Quote
SkyCamel
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:06 pm

SOLVED
So whatever I tried to switch of the Defender virus scanner it just kept on giving me a warning pop-up and delete (put in quarantine) the set-up file.
I finally clicked on the pop-up and if you're fast enough you can then select "allow". (which by the way I already tried in the exclusions of the defender)
This is the virus detected, I just hope it's truly a false positive and I'm not going to end up with more severe problems.
Cheers,
Luc
[ attachment ]
Screenshot 2023-07-14 145828.png (23.98 KiB) Viewed 5446 times

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 21 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
Jump to: