OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No audio when using TGS

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 29 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
pck42
Post subject: Re: No audio when using TGS
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:55 pm

Hey Dave, I would have no idea where to look.

In summary I know TGS doesn't work at all.PF3 Display doesn't work and TGS Gauge doesn't work.

Easiest solution for me is to remove PF3 from my pc. Setup a new email and download the TRIAL program. If that works, then I will purchase PF3.

Please respond if this is ok cause I won't do anything until I hear from you.
pck42

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:10 pm
Site Admin

You don't need to purchase pf3 again. Let's start over from the beginning.

1. Is pf3 working okay except you don't 'hear' track instructions?

If yes, please complete a flight then attach the debug log.

2. Do you get any messages pop up when you start pf3?

If yes, please attach a screen shot

Forget everything else for now. One step at a time for the sake of my old brain!

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pck42
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:46 pm

Dave, ty for the reply. I was hoping you hadn't bailed on me.

Not only do I not hear taxiway guidance there is no visual or heading bug guidance. TSG is simply not there after giving me direction to the runway. When i get to the runway I must contact the tower for takeoff clearance. Once airborne PF3 is back to normal with altitude and heading directions.

I thought I had explained this this in earlier messages.
pck42

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(282.05 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
Screenshot 2023-06-30 111249.zip
(220.51 KiB) Downloaded 240 times

Profile Quote
pck42
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:58 pm

Dave, please read and the previous message. You think your addled now, just wait.

Attached log shows a IFR from KLAL to KORL. I clearly heard all the taxi way instructions, and the Heading bug was correct. WHAT!!!!!
Have done several flights from KLAL and there were no issues with TGS . Has the issue gone away. NOPE!
Tried it from KORL and KMLB and TGS was still inoperative. Have no idea if that provides any clues, but is certainly has me confused.
pck42

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(172.01 KiB) Downloaded 238 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:15 am
Site Admin

Are you using PF3 profiles by any chance, and maybe have one setup slightly differently?

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dtsakiris
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:34 pm

I don't know if this has anything to do with this, but on my PC, MS Security Virus protection quarantined "tgs.exe". I restored it. Haven't been using TGS lately (small planes), so I don't know what effect that might have had.

Profile Quote
pck42
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:11 pm

Only one profile Dave
pck42

Profile Quote
pck42
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:00 pm

Hello Dave, I haven't heard from you in over a week. Hope that has nothing to do with your health.
We don't seem to be anywhere close to solving this issue. I would really like to just download the trail since reinstalling from updates hasn't done the trick.
If i don't hear soon I will do that and see. If it doesn't work, then I at least know the problem is with MSFS or Windows.
pck42

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:43 pm
Site Admin

I'm really sorry I haven't been able to get back to you, due to my ongoing health issues. I'm awaiting surgery on the 17th and I'm hoping I will be back to normal after that.

You mentioned wanting to download the trial/demo, unless I read it incorrectly. You don't need to do that. You can always request a link for the full download if you wish to try that. Just go to the downloads page on our website.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pointy56
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:46 am

pck42 wrote: *  Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:58 pm
Attached log shows a IFR from KLAL to KORL. I clearly heard all the taxi way instructions, and the Heading bug was correct. WHAT!!!!!
Have done several flights from KLAL and there were no issues with TGS . Has the issue gone away. NOPE!
Tried it from KORL and KMLB and TGS was still inoperative. Have no idea if that provides any clues, but is certainly has me confused.
This is certainly unusual and clearly something has triggered a change between the two flights.
Here are a couple of things you could try when you think TGS should be operative (it only appears once you start taxiing):
1) Check that TGS is actually running. If you right-click on the speaker icon in the toolbar and select 'Open volume mixer' TGS should be listed as an application, like this:
[ attachment ]
2023-07-10 10_32_43-Alienware Command Center.png (20.15 KiB) Viewed 12865 times
If you don't see it, please run Task Manager and look for tgs.exe, it should be a subtask of PF3.

2) Check that the sound output for TGS is set correctly. Right-click on the speaker icon in the toolbar and select 'Open sound settings', then 'Advanced sound options'; you will see the FS, PF3 and other applications with their assigned sound input/output devices. Check that TGS is set correctly, as below:
[ attachment ]
2023-07-10 10_33_10-Settings.png (36.19 KiB) Viewed 12865 times
Ideally TGS should be using the same output device as PF3, but in this example I have set PF3 explicitly - TGS usually picks up the default device, so you need to make sure that is set correctly (at the top of this screen).

I came across a number of issues while developing the audio switching capability last year, one thing is highlighted in the screenshot above; I have set Steam to output to my Dell monitor - that's a working device, but it has no speakers connected!

I wrote this little program to show all the 'known' sound devices on a system - you may find it helpful in identifying your options:
DS Test CNET-20.zip
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
[ attachment ]
2023-07-10 10_44_03-Select C__Users_Martin_Desktop_DS Test CNET-20.exe.png (8.85 KiB) Viewed 12865 times
I hope this gives you something to work on, but do come back if you need further help.

Regards,
Martin

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 3  [ 29 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 »
Jump to: