OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Virus Threat

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
ScottecLEMG
Post subject: Virus Threat
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:15 pm

Hi Dave,

I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 (latest edition) together with P3D V5.4 and PF3. During the cumulative update for PF3, my Windows Defender AV detected the following:-

Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml
Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.
Affected items:
file: C\Users\kenne\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\NetCashe\IE\F8M0CVAW\PF3_Cumulative_Updates_setup[1].zip.

The threat has been quarantined.

Brgds
Ken

Ken Brattey

Profile Quote
pointy56
Post subject: Re: Virus Threat
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:11 pm

Hi Ken,

Thanks for raising this, I'm not aware that we've seen reports like this from Windows Defender previously; the '!' in the trojan name apparently signifies that this is an AI-based detection.
I know that we have seen similar reports in the past from Kasperksy, but I've just downloaded the file from the website again and Norton says that it is clean.
I'm also curious as to why the issue was identified in a temporary location, rather than in your main downloads area - this suggests to me that something else is going on.
You could perhaps try downloading the file on another system, if you have one, and transferring it onto your FS PC - that may get around your problem.

Cheers,
Martin

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ScottecLEMG
Post subject: Re: Virus Threat
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:46 pm

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the info. I did not download the file manually. When I installed PF3, I was informed that there was an updated version, so i clicked to continue, leaving PF3 to work its magic. At no time was I asked for a location to download the files to - the update process was all automatic.

It appears to be running OK and Windows has quarantined the file. The only thing that bummed me out was I had formatted all my drives to clean install Windows and get rid of a couple of years worth of rubbish ;-)

Brgds
Ken

Ken Brattey

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: