OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No airway deviation warning?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: No airway deviation warning?
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:29 pm

I used to get a "We show you to be xxx miles from the flight path' (or similar) warning, but it seems to have stopped happening. My last flight (log attached), I forgot that there was a vector on my SID, I ended up many miles off track before I corrected it (busy with other 'stuff'!), but there was no aural PF3 warning, or in the onscreen COM log.

I have the associated checkbox active in Options (set to five miles). Anyone see what the problem is?

Thanks
debug_monitor.zip
(1016.44 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: No airway deviation warning?
Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:54 pm
Site Admin

Was your SID included in your flight plan? Also if it was before reaching your first waypoint you would not get such a warning

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:56 am

Hi. I always make a version of my flight plan specifically for PF3 which includes one or two of the SID and STAR waypoints - so as far as PF3 is concerned there is no SID or STAR. I have always done that.. has always worked fine for me. Obviously the plan that goes into the a/c has just the route waypoints, to which I add the SID and STAR, approach/transit in the FMC, or Garmin..
Quote:
Also if it was before reaching your first waypoint you would not get such a warning
.. not sure why that should be. I don't recall at what point the flight went awry, but it was very early, as I forgot there was a vector after takeoff, leading to a discontinuity that I couldn't clear. I meant to make a DIR to next waypoint in the FMC just after takeoff, but forgot. I must have been 50 miles off course by the time I realised, and finally did just that (better late than never). I was surprised not to have had any warning from ATC that I was so far off the flight plan.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:33 am

... missed the very small window of opportunity one has to edit the above, so have to add a comment as a separate post! (Why does the O/P lose the chance to edit a post? Most forums allow it ad infinitum). :?:

Just wanted to add that my first PF3 waypoint is never less than about 15 miles from the airport, or there can be warnings about possible consequences. Yes, I missed the first (PF3) waypoint (and probably picked up at about the fourth one?). If PF3 is programmed so that if the first waypoint is missed then no off-course warnings will be given, then that will be why I got none.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: