OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Bad sound interaction during taxi

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
m_j_lyons
Post subject: Bad sound interaction during taxi
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:47 pm

Hi - checking to see if you've ever heard of any negative sound issues when running PF3 along side Self Loading Cargo. I've been using PF3 without any sound issues for a long time but when I recently added Self Loading Cargo to my list of normal applications I noticed that while taxiing I'd get a strange "corrupted" sound playing that sounded like someone yelling - I assumed it was something with Self Loading Cargo and checked sound files and everything else but to no avail. I noticed today that while taxiing out and watching the taxi-directions from PF3 guide me around Washington Dulles that the "corrupted sounds" were going coincidental to the taxi-direction heading bug moving and then again as i approached the runway and should have heard the "steady...steady...runway 19 right ahead" (or what ever phraseology it uses).

All other ATC voices continue to work just fine...just not the spoken taxi guidance.

Just wondering if you have ever heard of this or have any thought on why that "module/application" is getting the sound ruined by another application.

The easy button for me is to simply not use SLC or to not worry about it...so i'm not really concerned but if there is an easy fix I'll do it.

Cheers, mike

Flying the friendly skies of MSFS
XBox handle: mikejenlyons
Discord: m_j_lyons
A Pilot's Life 2: Michael Lyons

-- mike

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Bad sound interaction during taxi
Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:08 pm
Site Admin

Sorry, never heard of this before... I don't now the app and can't see how it could mess with TGS

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
m_j_lyons
Post subject: Re: Bad sound interaction during taxi
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:17 am

Thanks... I figured that was the case. I'm going to try to reach out to the other app developer but he's gone pretty quiet while working on the next release.

Flying the friendly skies of MSFS
XBox handle: mikejenlyons
Discord: m_j_lyons
A Pilot's Life 2: Michael Lyons

-- mike

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: