OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Hats off to you Dave

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
m_j_lyons
Post subject: Hats off to you Dave
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:13 pm

Dave - not sure if you've been following the release of FSHud but it's been interesting and there have been many people asking the FSHud team to "just do it like PF3" - that's a pretty positive message about the quality of your product - it just works. And I think most people have realized having a product that works for ~99% of the world (it's probably 100% but I don't like total absolutes), works with IFR and VFR traffic, supports any AI that is in the SIM and still provides the user with flexibility to fly their simulator the way they want - that's the way to go. And there is a lot of recognition that they way PF3 handles AI traffic to add ambiance is far better than trying to control every aspect of every AI loaded into the system.

Kudos and keep it up!

Cheers, mike

Flying the friendly skies of MSFS
XBox handle: mikejenlyons
Discord: m_j_lyons
A Pilot's Life 2: Michael Lyons

-- mike

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Hats off to you Dave
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:35 am
Site Admin

Thank you for your kind words Mike and for taking the time to post them. Very much appreciated

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
igorbischi
Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:51 pm

I confirm what Mike said. The idea behind FSHud is to control every aspect of traffic, but in my opinion this over-ambitious attempt - at least at the moment - renders the software practically unusable: A.I. aircrafts moving in one-second bursts, failure to recognise when the holding point has been reached (without being able to 'force' the clearence request), loss (forever...) of connection with the ATC if for example you leave the runway from the 'wrong' taxiway, etc. etc. I have to say that given the outcome, I quickly went back to using PF3... which may not have an eye-catching state-of-the-art interface, but it's solid and does what's expected. In my opinion, FSHud has tried to focus too much on total traffic management, and in doing so has left out a fundamental aspect: those who use the flight simulator are primarily interested in the correct interaction between their aircraft and ATC. A 'global' A.I. traffic management may be an interesting addition, but not at the expense of the main functionalities that the software must provide.

Igor Bischi
my specs: Windows 11 Home 64-bit, Intel Core i5 10400 @ 2.90GHz, 16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1329MHz (15-17-17-35)
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF GAMING H470-PRO, 27GL850 (2560x1440@144Hz), 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER (EVGA)

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:25 pm
Site Admin

Thank you Igor, appreciate your comments.

I always thought the more time spent trying to handle AI traffic is time lost with ATC interaction with you.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
johnhinson
Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:52 pm

Out of intrigue, I looked at this software - not that it would work with the FS version I am on.

I found myself asking: If the users want it to work like PF3, why don't they just use PF3? :)

John

My co-pilot is called Sid and he's a real Star!

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:04 am
Site Admin

I think we all want to enjoy new software

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: