OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATC callsigns edit?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Pulseox314
Post subject: ATC callsigns edit?
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:06 pm

I keep hearing ATC calls to "Orex", which I believe is a Turkish carrier. I hear them more then any other callsign, and I am flying in the US. Is there any way to remove OREX from my ATC communications?

Profile Quote
m_j_lyons
Post subject: Re: ATC callsigns edit?
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:04 pm

Do you have a large AI traffic file that is using that callsign? What callsign are you using within PF3?

I"m using AIG Traffic Controller and every callsign I'm hearing is accurate for the airline being referred to.

Flying the friendly skies of MSFS
XBox handle: mikejenlyons
Discord: m_j_lyons
A Pilot's Life 2: Michael Lyons

-- mike

Profile Quote
Pulseox314
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:19 pm

I use United (UAL)...I don't know if I have a list of AI or not?...where would it be? Thanks!

Profile Quote
m_j_lyons
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:34 pm

Well I guess the next question is what type of AI traffic are you using - MSFS Real-time AI, AI-offline, AIG Traffic Controller, Aerosoft Simple Traffic, etc...?

And just to make sure - you are setting United as your callsign inside of PF3's options right? I often forget to set that as I bounce between various VA flights and kick myself 10 minutes into a flight because I'm tired of hearing FedEx while on a bush flight in New Guinea.

And you ARE correct OREX is the nickname for Orbit Express Airlines out of Turkey. But Wikipedia says their callsign is FLYCARGO...so not sure if that's the OREX you're hearing or not.

-- mike

Profile Quote
Pulseox314
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:17 pm

I use FSX-SE...I have an old program called Traffic360 that I completely forgot about. I believe it was already installed prior to PF3...I was assuming PF3 would have overwritten it, am I wrong?

Profile Quote
m_j_lyons
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:20 am

Oh FSX - ok...old school. Well unfortunately I can't speak to how FSX AI traffic works and i have no familiarity with those applications so I have to take a big step back from this one. Sorry.

-- mike

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:43 am

Pulseox314 wrote: *  Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:17 pm
I use FSX-SE...I have an old program called Traffic360 that I completely forgot about. I believe it was already installed prior to PF3...I was assuming PF3 would have overwritten it, am I wrong?
PF3 does not create or inject traffic into your sim, or change any of your traffic files. It simply uses the call sign information from your existing traffic files or your traffic add-on. Also If you have traffic turned off in your sim there will be no AI chatter at all because PF3 does not use any "canned" chatter.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
m_j_lyons
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:00 pm

Pulseox314 wrote: *  Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:17 pm
So I'm waiting for MSFS to load so I lookedup FSX Traffic 360 and this section was on the page - you might want to look into that to see why Turkish aircraft are showing up for you.

From the Traffic360 webpage:
Introducing The Traffic Control Centre and Other Features
As one of the most enjoyable additions brought to the table so far in this set, this remake of the Traffic Control Centre (TCC) is something to definitely remember about.

Now, you can easily expand and change AI traffic to fit the help that you need and the control that you require in the long-term. If you want to learn about all of this and fully understand the direction you are heading in, then you can utilize the TCC to help you control various flights and compilations to your preference.

Now, you can use Correct Identifiers to help control all of your flights as they now use tail numbers and unique IDs to ensure they are matched up to a country of origin. This improves the overall feel of realism of the entire process, making it much easier to enjoy.

-- mike

Profile Quote
Pulseox314
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:03 pm

Thanks so much for your help and time-I will read the docs in the program-I installed it years ago and forgot all about it! I'm 75 :D and I'm going to go to the Justflight website and check if there are any updates!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: