OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATC not following flight plan

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
pck42
Post subject: ATC not following flight plan
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:40 pm

Hi David,
KLEE to KORL via waypoint KSFB IFR. Immediately after departure, ATC contacts approach at KORL and starts to vector me for ISL landing at KORL. PFD continues to display KLEE to KFSB and FS VFR map shows the path to KSFB (red) but the plane is definitely heading to KORL. Other interesting things occur later in the flight but this log attached only includes the first series of PF3 ATC commands, so easier for you to locate the issue.
pck42

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(120.46 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: ATC not following flight plan
Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:29 pm

The problem (as I see it) is your flight plan has a single waypoint, which is actually farther from your departure airport than the destination (KORL) is. When you become airborne, PF3 detects that you are in fact closer to your destination than you are to your first waypoint, and it immediately jumps to the destination airport as the active waypoint.

I would suggest in this case adding a waypoint before KSFB. This can be anything: a fix, intersection, or a user waypoint. This will make the distance to the first waypoint less than the distance to KORL and should work much better. Dave may have some other ideas but this is definitely what I would try first.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pck42
Post subject: Re: ATC not following flight plan
Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:34 pm

Thank you dan. That makes sense.
pck42

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”