OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No directions from ATC

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Badger
Post subject: No directions from ATC
Posted: Thu May 19, 2022 6:19 pm

Hi Dave, I hope you're well.

Could you help with this query please? I've just made a short flight KBDR to KPVC and throughout the flight I didn't get any heading directions. I took off OK and ATC gave me instructions to climb to the cruise altitude but I continued to fly on the runway heading until I realised I wasn't going to get any guidance. On approach, similarly, I was told to descend and land on Runway 25 but was given no heading directions as to how I should approach it.

I've attached the log FYI.

I'm sure I used to get directed to the airway and then to line up with the runway but I didn't get anything this time.

As always, thanks for your help.

Mike

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(781.11 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: No directions from ATC
Posted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:13 pm

You have the SID and STAR boxes checked at the bottom of the SID/STAR page. This means you will not get vectors before your first waypoint or after your last, because you are telling PF3 you want to fly a procedure and do not want vectors for the departure or approach. If you want vectors uncheck the box(es) before connecting PF3 to the sim.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Badger
Post subject: Re: No directions from ATC
Posted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:24 pm

That'll do it! Thanks for the prompt reply Dan.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: