OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

need help with VFR FF

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
PierreNantel
Post subject: need help with VFR FF
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:23 pm

Hi,
I am trying to use the VFR FF and I do not understand what do I need to do at departure to start the VFR flight. So this is a example:

1- I created a flight plan using simbrief (I guess that simbrief creates IFR plan) : CYOW-Takol-CYQB (Ottawa to Quebec city)
2- I loaded the flight plan in PF3 start P3D 5.3 and connect the two.
3- So now I have the plane sitting at the departure airport CYOW at a parking position.

this is where I get lost,
Who do I need to connect to (clearance or FSS) the airport has clearance, ground, departure, tower and FSS)?
If I contact clearance, how do I tell them I want to fly VFR FF?
Then I contact ground and get taxi clearance? for runway assignment and then I contact tower and get takeoff clearance, after that I guest I will be transfer to departure. If I understand departure should terminate the call at that point.

I just need to understand who and how to start the VFR FF flight.

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z690-A | Intel I9-13900K 3.7 GHz | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | RTX 4090 | Win 11 | Prepar3D v5.3 & MSFS| AS & ASCA | Aerosoft Airbus series | PMDG 777 & 747 | PF3 | MCE | GSX

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: need help with VFR FF
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:16 pm

I don't use Simbrief but you want to have a VFR flight plan to load into PF3. If the flight planner output is IFR, you can open the file and change it to VFR and re-save the flight plan before loading it into PF3. For example

type=IFR or <FPType>IFR</FPType>

and change it to VFR and re-save the file. When you load a VFR flight plan into PF3, you will be prompted to choose Standard or Free-Flight mode (unless you have disabled the option to have PF3 ask each time a VFR flight plan is loaded).

After connecting PF3 you would contact Clearance as usual, since your departure airport in this case has a Clearance frequency. You will then request and be issued VFR clearance.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
PierreNantel
Post subject: Re: need help with VFR FF
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:59 am

Thank you

This should be in the manuel,

Now it make sense

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z690-A | Intel I9-13900K 3.7 GHz | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | RTX 4090 | Win 11 | Prepar3D v5.3 & MSFS| AS & ASCA | Aerosoft Airbus series | PMDG 777 & 747 | PF3 | MCE | GSX

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: