OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 ATC for published departures and approaches-Reg.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Ramaprabhu
Post subject: PF3 ATC for published departures and approaches-Reg.
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:04 pm

After going through the user guide and couple of excellent Tutorials, I have a question about how to make ATC follow my Flight Plan with reference to altitude step climbs and altitude descends after TOD. Of course I do check in the corresponding boxes for SID/STAR since I don't want ATC to vector me for the entire flight .

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: PF3 ATC for published departures and approaches-Reg.
Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:58 pm

You can adjust the waypoint altitudes on the flight plan page. See the User Guide pp. 83-85 for more information. In most cases it is not necessary to adjust the altitudes for the climb phase of your flight plan. PF3 will show cruise altitude for your first waypoint but this does NOT mean you will be at cruise at your first waypoint. PF3 will simply provide you with step-climbs until you reach cruise altitude. You can adjust the altitudes for the climb phase if needed but this is rarely necessary. If you are flying a fully loaded heavy you may want to level off for part of your flight before continuing to climb, and you can configure that on this screen.

If you adjust any of the altitudes for the descent, you need to carefully review the altitudes of the nearby waypoints (including XXX waypoints) to see if they need to be adjusted as well, because PF3 does NOT automatically adjust the altitudes of the other waypoints. Hover your cursor over the waypoint names to see the distances to nearby waypoints, and adjust them if needed. If you have yourself descending 10000 feet in 10 miles, that is what you will get.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ramaprabhu
Post subject: Re: PF3 ATC for published departures and approaches-Reg.
Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:20 am

ok .Thank you.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: