OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 goes silent

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 29 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Ramaprabhu
Post subject: PF3 goes silent
Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:57 am

I am a new user of PF3 and it is very nice program and after going through all the 4 excellent tutorials by Simulation channel, I have got the hang of it,and am able to program SID/STAR for different options. But the real major issue I am facing is I am not able to operate the program as I would with default ATC. After push back from the gate, sometimes co pilot says right or left sometimes no response at all. though he may come up later to guide you. In unfamiliar airports, this is a problem.
If somehow I make up to my runaway , no response from Tower to clear me, nor can I dial the tower frequency now unless I press C/S/V but even then it is highly disturbing.
Any inputs please
Thanks

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: PF3 goes silent
Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:18 am
Site Admin

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what the problem might be. Please read the large RED notice at the top of this forum

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ramaprabhu
Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:45 pm

Ok. I shall do so. But can you tell me which TGS gauge I should use . I am using PF3 for MSFS 2020. If you have a downloadable link, kindly provide. Some visual guidance like Taxi Ribbon will be highly useful especially in large airports.
Thanks.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:33 pm
Site Admin

You can't use any of the TGS Gauges in MSFS. Have you tried the TGS Display utility... useful if you have a second monitor... taxi ribbons are so unrealistic

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ramaprabhu
Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:56 pm

Thanks . I have second monitor and I shall use the gauge . But it states in the guide that it will not work in MSFS? Please clarify.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:01 pm
Site Admin

I just said you CAN'T use the TGS Gauge with MSFS but you CAN use the TGS Display utility, especially good if you have a second monitor

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ramaprabhu
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:47 am

Ok. Thanks. I am using the gauge. But the "use HDG Bug" is not clear please. When I push put from the gate and turn right or Left, the heading does not change. Am I missing something?. Kindly help.
Besides, if I miss taxi path and reach the threshold of RWY heading, I am not able to tune departure?. How to tune departure frequency?. None of the Hotkeys help here. Again PF3 if connected at this point thinks that I am in Gate and actually I am at the holding point. Very confusing and even when I attempt to take off, it still says taxi instructions?
Please help me to enjoy the software which I like but for these issues.
Thanks

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:30 am

Ramaprabhu wrote: *  Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:47 am
Ok. Thanks. I am using the gauge. But the "use HDG Bug" is not clear please. When I push put from the gate and turn right or Left, the heading does not change.
The heading will not change. The heading bug is the marker (red in the picture) on the dial of the heading indicator. However if you are using the TGS Display utility, the Display utility will provide the directional information for the taxi.

[ attachment ]
bug.JPG (16.97 KiB) Viewed 732 times
Quote:
Besides, if I miss taxi path and reach the threshold of RWY heading, I am not able to tune departure?. How to tune departure frequency?
You do not make contact with Departure until in the air. When you reach the end of your taxi and arrive at the threshold of the assigned runway (yes it must be the correct runway), Ground Control will tell you to contact Tower. If you arrive at the threshold and have not been told to contact Tower, you can tune Tower manually (the frequency is displayed when first connecting PF3, or use the PF3 Display utility) and press 6 to request takeoff clearance from Tower. However this should not be necessary in most cases as Ground will hand you to Tower when you arrive at the correct runway threshold.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ramaprabhu
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:50 am

Thanks. However, still I have a problem. I am not able to tune exactly the frequency for tower, For example if it 118.75 I am only able to tune either 118.70 or 118.80. Very frustating, i hope you undertand.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:03 pm
Site Admin

That must be something to do with MSFS because PF3 cannot prevent you from tuning your radio. Maybe you have some pilot assist options on that are messing with the radios

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 29 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Jump to: