Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Unable to run the new version

Locked   Page 2 of 4  [ 36 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
saveriomangione
Post subject: Re: Unable to run the new version
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:05 pm

pointy56 wrote: *  Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:33 pm
OK, I've just managed to reproduce the problem on my wife's laptop - she's delighted! :roll:
Unfortunately I'm seeing the application window flash up for a second, just as you describe - it does seem to have a couple of error messages.
I need to tweak the program so that it freezes the screen when the error occurs, then we should be able to sort this out.

Cheers,
Martin
ahahaha ok then and my apologies to your wife as well :-)
Just let us know when you're done :-)
All the best
Saverio :)

Saverio Mangione

pointy56
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:49 pm

OK, it's good news/bad news time:
The good news is that I've identified two issues that were preventing the program from running on my wife's machine.
The bad news is that currently I only have a resolution for one of them, a missing runtime library :(
Unfortunately it's the other one that actually prevents the program for starting up - I need to identify the correct build options in the IDE.

I'll provide a further update as soon as I have more news.

Cheers,
Martin

[ img ]

playingitbyear
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:53 pm

Thanks for the update, Martin. Looking forward to it.

Merry Christmas to you and your family! /Mike

saveriomangione
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:40 pm

pointy56 wrote: *  Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:08 pm
Hi Saverio,

When you get the 'C:\Users\Saverio>' prompt you need to CD (Change Directory) to where the program is installed, so for you:

CD \FS_Addons\PF3\PF3_Displayer\PF3_WEB_Display

Then enter '.\PF3WebDisplay.exe'

Thanks,
Martin
Hi Martin, this is what I did following your instructions. But nothing still happens: see screenshot if anythin I did is wrong
Best
Saverio

Attachments
[ attachment ]
Screenshot 2021-12-22 213747.png (26.44 KiB) Viewed 5791 times

Saverio Mangione

pointy56
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:40 pm

OK, I have managed to generate an updated version of the server program which resolves all of the dependency issues.
It is 'self-contained', which makes it quite a bit larger, but should work on all Windows 10 builds - it runs happily on my wife's laptop! :D

Unfortunately the file is too large to load onto the forum - I'll need to host it elsewhere and will provide a link for downloading.
Hopefully I'll be able to sort that out tomorrow morning.

Cheers,
Martin

[ img ]

playingitbyear
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:51 pm

Hi Martin, when you mentioned it "... should work on all Windows 10 builds", that got me to thinking about the fact that I upgraded to Windows 11 last week and now not sure if that has anything to do with these issues.

I'm out of town tomorrow morning for 5 days and away from my computer, but I will be glad to download and test your new larger, self contained file at that time. Maybe Saverio can validate it by that time also. /Mike

saveriomangione
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:37 am

playingitbyear wrote: *  Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:51 pm
Hi Martin, when you mentioned it "... should work on all Windows 10 builds", that got me to thinking about the fact that I upgraded to Windows 11 last week and now not sure if that has anything to do with these issues.

I'm out of town tomorrow morning for 5 days and away from my computer, but I will be glad to download and test your new larger, self contained file at that time. Maybe Saverio can validate it by that time also. /Mike
Hi Martin & Mike,

I'm also running Windows11. Hope the reason why it's not working is not operating system-related.
I'm at home so no problem for me to check if it's working properly.
All the best and best wishes for the upcoming Xmas holidays
Saverio

Saverio Mangione

pointy56
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:27 am

Good morning,

I've just uploaded a new version of the software to the forum, the zip file is a replacement set of files including updated documentation.
You will almost certainly need to install the .NET Core 3.1 runtimes, as they don't seem to be installed as standard - my mistake.

Please give it a try and let me know how you get on - I'm now happy that the software should deploy correctly on most, if not all, systems.
It should also work correctly on a Windows 11 systems as that is supposed to be backward compatible with Windows 10 applications.

Thanks for your interest in the application, without your feedback I wouldn't have known that there was a problem.

Cheers,
Martin

[ img ]

saveriomangione
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:51 pm

pointy56 wrote: *  Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:27 am
Good morning,

I've just uploaded a new version of the software to the forum, the zip file is a replacement set of files including updated documentation.
You will almost certainly need to install the .NET Core 3.1 runtimes, as they don't seem to be installed as standard - my mistake.

Please give it a try and let me know how you get on - I'm now happy that the software should deploy correctly on most, if not all, systems.
It should also work correctly on a Windows 11 systems as that is supposed to be backward compatible with Windows 10 applications.

Thanks for your interest in the application, without your feedback I wouldn't have known that there was a problem.

Cheers,
Martin
Hi Martin,
no worries! It's working flawlessly :-)
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year
Saverio

Saverio Mangione

saveriomangione
Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:27 pm

pointy56 wrote: *  Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:27 am
Good morning,

Cheers,
Martin
Hi Martin,
sorry for being back but as of today the program stopped working again. Please see the attached screenshot. when opening the browser the page won't open up
Thanks a lot
Best
Saverio

Attachments
[ attachment ]
Screenshot 2021-12-27 175905.png (42.07 KiB) Viewed 5727 times

Saverio Mangione

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 2 of 4  [ 36 posts ]
Return to “PF3 WEB Display Support” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: