Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Unable to run the new version

Locked   Page 3 of 4  [ 36 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
pointy56
Post subject: Re: Unable to run the new version
Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:20 pm

Hi Saverio,

That appears to be a programming error in the server, thanks for letting me know.
Please could you copy/rename the sample .ini file as PF3WebDisplay.ini and add the line 'Debug=2' to the end of the file (no quote marks).
If you can then start the program again and post the file PF3WebDisplay.log here - you'll need to attach it as a zip file.
That will help me pin the problem down - it's happening as a result of what it's receiving from PF3, I just need to adjust something.

Thanks,
Martin

[ img ]

saveriomangione
Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:01 am

pointy56 wrote: *  Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:20 pm
Hi Saverio,

That appears to be a programming error in the server, thanks for letting me know.
Please could you copy/rename the sample .ini file as PF3WebDisplay.ini and add the line 'Debug=2' to the end of the file (no quote marks).
If you can then start the program again and post the file PF3WebDisplay.log here - you'll need to attach it as a zip file.
That will help me pin the problem down - it's happening as a result of what it's receiving from PF3, I just need to adjust something.

Thanks,
Martin
Hi Martin,
I made all the due changes and I get always the same message as per my previous screenshot. Problem is that no PF3WebDisplay.log file is either generated or present within the PF3WebDisplay folder.
I hope this can help otherwise let me know how I can assist you any further:-)
Best
Saverio

Saverio Mangione

pointy56
Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:12 pm

Hi Saverio,

The error is while processing the ACARS data received from PF3 - it is built for each flight so I was looking to see what is unusual in this case.
As an alternative, please can you zip up and attach the flight plan you are using for this flight - I should be able to work with that instead.

I'm sorry that you are seeing this problem - clearly you've found a variation in the ACARS data that I didn't see while testing.

Thanks,
Martin

[ img ]

saveriomangione
Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:12 am

pointy56 wrote: *  Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:12 pm
Hi Saverio,

The error is while processing the ACARS data received from PF3 - it is built for each flight so I was looking to see what is unusual in this case.
As an alternative, please can you zip up and attach the flight plan you are using for this flight - I should be able to work with that instead.

I'm sorry that you are seeing this problem - clearly you've found a variation in the ACARS data that I didn't see while testing.

Thanks,
Martin
Hi Martin,
sure no problem. As I don't know which files you might need I've attached two of them. Let me know if it's ok.
Best
Saverio

Attachments
PF3_WEB_Display.zip
(393.18 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
FPP.zip
(17.16 KiB) Downloaded 210 times

Saverio Mangione

pointy56
Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:31 am

Hi Saverio,

Thanks for this, as I suspected the ACARS data had a slightly different format to what I have previously seen.
The attached update fixes this issue, simply replace the current .exe file with this one (it will show as version 1.01a).

Thank you for providing the files so that I was able to address this issue and please come back to me if you encounter further problems.

Regards,
Martin

PS I was also able to see why you were having problems with my debug request, your .ini file is incorrectly named PF3WebDisplay.ini.ini

Attachments
PF3WebDisplay-101a.zip
(76.04 KiB) Downloaded 195 times

[ img ]

saveriomangione
Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:37 pm

pointy56 wrote: *  Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:31 am
Hi Saverio,

Thanks for this, as I suspected the ACARS data had a slightly different format to what I have previously seen.
The attached update fixes this issue, simply replace the current .exe file with this one (it will show as version 1.01a).

Thank you for providing the files so that I was able to address this issue and please come back to me if you encounter further problems.

Regards,
Martin

PS I was also able to see why you were having problems with my debug request, your .ini file is incorrectly named PF3WebDisplay.ini.ini
Hi Martin,

back to normal agai. It seems to be working fine. I'll keep you updated in case of any other anomaly.
Thanks a lot
Best
Saverio

Saverio Mangione

playingitbyear
Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:05 pm

Hi Martin - I'm back from the holidays trip now and caught up on the exchange between you and Saverio here. So I deleted all the previous files and downloaded your most recent update (101a). I also downloaded and installed the "dotnet-runtime-3.1.22-win-x86.exe". I did a clean install on your latest update and was still not able to connect. See the attached file for screen shots. The first attempt could not find the ini file and then after reading your instructions to Saverio, I renamed the sample ini file and added the Debug line but it was still not able to connect. Did I miss a step somewhere? /Mike

Attachments
First Try.zip
(22 Bytes) Downloaded 198 times

playingitbyear
Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:12 pm

I don't think kthere was anything in that first zip I sent you. Here's a correct zip that includes one Word.docx file. /Mike

Attachments
First Try (2).zip
(57.99 KiB) Downloaded 203 times

pointy56
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:59 am

Hi Mike,
The program seems to be starting up correctly and is looking for PF3 on the default port.
Ae you running it on the same PC as PF3 and do you have PF3 Display enabled in Options#2, Advanced Options?

The program will run happily without a .ini file; I asked Saverio to run Debug so that I could see the ACRS data, default logging is fine.

Cheers,
Martin

[ attachment ]
2021-12-30 11_51_51.png (51.87 KiB) Viewed 5580 times

[ img ]

playingitbyear
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:26 pm

Hi Martin - I've attached my Advanced Options Screen which shows the PF3 Display being the same as yours, so that is not the issue. Not sure if there is any other info on that screen that would be helpful to you. I know you said that the PF3 app doesn't need to be running for your program to work, but I tried it both ways, running and not, and received the same response. Both the PF3 program and the PF3 Web Display are being run on the same computer. Any other ideas? /Mike
My Advanced Options Screen.zip
(69.55 KiB) Downloaded 213 times

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 3 of 4  [ 36 posts ]
Return to “PF3 WEB Display Support” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: