OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Lose ATC after takeoff

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Granman
Post subject: Lose ATC after takeoff
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:04 pm

Hi Dave,

I've been a long time user of PF3 starting back with FDC. I got out of it for awhile but back to using it now but need your help.

I'm using P3Dv4.5 and even when building simple flight plans with Simbrief, I lose any atc usually after takeoff. I'll get 'Climb to xxxxx' but then nothing else. Yesterday while flying a Citation 56x, the last command was to slow speed to 250 and then nothing else. That text stayed in the ATC box but no other 'contact' or anything. I am using CP Mode 2 with Nav 1 checked. and have the latest version 3.12.0.

I could still hear AI instructions but nothing for my plane. Even with pf3_display open, it didn't show any commands for my COM or any Last or Next waypoint, although the two lights are green.

Attached is a zip of my logs files because maybe I'm the problem!

Thanks,
Marc

Attachments
PF3_logs 11-14-21.zip
(80.87 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Lose ATC after takeoff
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:30 pm
Site Admin

Mmmmh... something rather strange going on here. Initially I thought it was the fact you overshot your altitude clearance... ATC cleared you to 3,000' and you shot up to over 4000' and then started coming down. So then I thought well maybe you hadn't left it long enough for PF3 to determine you'd finally corrected your altitude. But then I noticed something very strange with the log timings
Quote:
11/13/2021 5:29:23 PM: 030 - Transcript: 'Approach November 034 Say again? '
11/13/2021 5:29:23 PM: 050 - FS Screen : Approach November 034 Say again?
11/13/2021 6:11:35 PM: 600 - Not tuned to any 'active' ATC facility!
11/13/2021 6:11:35 PM: 600 - Send to PF3 Display - 1:0:121.8:0:0:
11/13/2021 6:11:35 PM: 600 - Not tuned to any 'active' ATC facility!
There's over 40 minutes here where absolutely nothing is logged, which leads me to think something was hanging. FS possibly?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Granman
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:46 pm

Hi Dave,
Interesting...nothing was hanging as FS was working as normal and I completed the flight without ATC. Also, November 034 wasn't my call sign either! I recall hitting Say Again on the keyboard but nothing was heard after that.

Maybe I'll try another flight and send you the log.

Thanks for looking at it so quick.

Marc

Profile Quote
Granman
Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:12 pm

Hi Dave,

I can't figure out what caused the lagging but maybe missing altitude had something to do with it. I tried another route with SIDs/STARs unchecked and it seemed to work better although I came in way too high to make the approach! Also two questions:

1. Is it possible to have more than just the last ATC transmission visible in the P3D In-Sim Captions window? Sometime I need to refer back in case I missed something!
2. If I do bust an altitude or something, will ATC get me back on track so I don't lose the communication with either Departure or Center?

Thanks for your incredible work on this software.

Marc

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:58 am
Site Admin

1. Under Options #2 / Advanced options there's an option to 'Display ATC Log... it's on the right under ATC Log Say Again. That will display a window with the last 10 ATC instructions. This is obviously designed for a second monitor but you may still find it useful if only running the one monitor

2. ATC will nag you to 'maintain' your cleared altitude if you drift above/below

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: