OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATIS

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Kalorien
Post subject: Re: ATIS
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:39 am

Quote:
Thanks for letting us know. Again, it's possible there is a delay in loading the weather data but it does sound like the data is being loaded eventually.
In my observation AS16 loads quite fast the weather data into FSX. When you start AS16 on the client-pc, you notice a quick change in QNH and wind. If the wind is strong enough you can hear it. The "delay" are the cloudtextures which needs to be loaded. So eventually the necessary data is already there.

The next step, I can only guess. FSUIPC needs to read the data when PF3 comes up via WideFS. In my opinion it reads it always and as fast as it can, because you can adjust the weather in there. But mhm, I checked also every log and as far as I see, nothing wrong with it.

Well, I changed WideFS to the latest version, I had 7.1.5.6. And I also had a look into my network adapter settings. I never changed anything in there, because you might get in big trouble. But I dared to change to Full Duplex 100 for both LAN adapters. Default setting was auto-negotiating. Also I played a little in FSUIPC like "Weather Read Interval Factor".

Suddenly I got an ATIS, not exactly like AS16, but something to "work" with.

Now that I know PF3 reads the weather data and knows the movement of the ai, it´s okay for me. I will make the flightplan (and the weather) in a way I will not have any surprises at the destination airport. That´s fine too.

Thank you Dan for clarifying the chatters. I didn´t get it out of the manual.

So long, happy flying all

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: