OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Voice/Accents used

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
m_j_lyons
Post subject: Voice/Accents used
Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:48 pm

I may be overlooking the users manual section that gets to the heart of my questions - but how do I cut back on the number of voices/accents used in a region? Here's my issue - I fly almost exclusively in the US...primarily on the west coast of the US. And on almost every flight I get an ATC or aircraft with a heavy French accent...no I'm fine with some flights having that especially when they're a foreign flagged carrier - but it sounds a bit odd for San Diego tower to have a French accent.

I know in the big scheme of things that this is not a game breaker - it's in the weeds. BUT - if there is a simple way to cut out voices that aren't desired for PF regions I'd love to see it. In the Options 2 menu under Regional Voices for Generic US it has 6 Base and 16 backups listed - but I can't change anything from that selection. In column 2 I select only the US voices and that gives me the shows 6 base and 16 backups. Does that mean that I've selected the same files?

Cheers, mike

Flying the friendly skies of MSFS
XBox handle: mikejenlyons
Discord: m_j_lyons
A Pilot's Life 2: Michael Lyons

-- mike

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Voice/Accents used
Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:52 pm
Site Admin

Mike,

US Generic should be showing 26 Base and 16 backups, the later being taken from the other US sections, so I don't know why you should be hearing a French accent for ATC. Certainly you could and should be hearing different accents for other carriers.

What you'll need to do, if I have any chance of determining a possible issue here is to (a) select 'Display Voice Set ID' from Options #1 (b) Select 'Closed Captions' from Options #1 (c) Recreate the problems (d) include the debug_monitor.log file from your PF3\Folder and give me an indication as to where I'm looking i.e. at HH:MM ATC said 'blah, blah' Also give me the Voice Set ID when you hear the offending call

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
johnhinson
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:48 am

Dave - I think perhaps Mike is referring to GA traffic, which seems to use worldwide voices completely randomly.

John

My co-pilot is called Sid and he's a real Star!

Profile Quote
m_j_lyons
Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:59 pm

I'll start running with the Voice IDs displayed and take note when I hear one that seems odd for inside the US (like San Diego Tower).

Which config file contains the matching codes for the voices? Just out of curiosity

Thanks.

Flying the friendly skies of MSFS
XBox handle: mikejenlyons
Discord: m_j_lyons
A Pilot's Life 2: Michael Lyons

-- mike

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: