OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Default hotkey mapping

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
pointy56
Post subject: Default hotkey mapping
Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:12 pm

I was trying different options using PF3 yesterday and found that the standard 'Roger' hotkey (C-S-\) wasn't working, all of the others seemed to be OK.
Recently I have mostly been using VCP 2 while getting used to various aircraft systems, for a change I was in VCP 1 mode so needed the 'Roger' key.
(I know that this same issue was mentioned in another thread recently, but I think I may have got to the bottom of the problem and found a good solution)

I spent quite a bit of time looking to see if any other software was trapping this combination, but couldn't find anything - so I turned on FSUIPC key logging and tried again.
What I quickly saw is that the \ key on my keyboard sends a scan code of 220, not the 92 that PF3 expects - this is for a standard layout UK keyboard.
I then remembered that I had a similar problem some time ago with the 'Say Again' hotkey, and I had resolved that by re-assigning the key (PF3 expects 61, but gets 187).

I fixed my issue by manually updating the pf3.ini file to give the correct values for Hotkey11 (3220) and Hotkey 13 (3187) - this uses the documented key combinations on my keyboard.

Subsequently I found that it is possible to persuade PF3 to update pf3.ini to reflect the correct keyboard scan codes by temporarily assigning each key to a new value ( I used Control-Shift-[ ) and then re-assigning the default key combination.

I hope that this information is useful to others.

Regards,
Martin

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Default hotkey mapping
Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:18 pm
Site Admin

Thanks.. interesting... but as you say in your closing remarks if you reassign the troublesome key(s) PF3 will save whatever code your keyboard is returning for those keys, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: