OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Non Stop (continuous) Static coming from ATC - can't be stopped until PF3 is closed.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
playingitbyear
Post subject: Non Stop (continuous) Static coming from ATC - can't be stopped until PF3 is closed.
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:43 am

Hi Dave - Thanks for todays (Mar 24th,2021) update. Has anyone else mentioned the issue with non-stop continuous radio static coming on with a command or reply from ATC and then staying on at a loud volume the rest of the way through the flight, where it won't stop even after disconnecting PF3? You actually have to close the PF3 app before it will stop the loud static in the background. In the debug file below it starts right after I was provided instructions to change freq. to 126.67 (Fort Worth Radar). It also happened in the previous flight which you may find in the log earlier. Both times I continued flying with the static about an hour on the first flight and about 20 minutes on the second flight and changing freq, or changing com radios was not effective in getting it to stop. It's really loud and the ATC continues to work through the static but it is hard to hear and it never stops. This all started right after the update today.

Is there a way to go back to the previous version if it takes a while to locate this bug? Thanks /Mike

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(471.89 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Non Stop (continuous) Static coming from ATC - can't be stopped until PF3 is closed.
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:35 pm
Site Admin

Very strange. Certainly not had any other reports about this (yet) and I certainly haven't made any changes to the code that could result in this occurring. However, I do seem to remember in the dim and distant past we had one beta tester with something similar occur, but i'm talking years ago. Never did get to the bottom of it and as far and I can remember it never happened again.

Now you say this started when you were handed off to Radar Control on 126.67. Can you remember exactly when... was it just before or after.... the only thing I noticed in the log is that you never 'rogered' that instruction... you did tune to 126.67 a little later on but never made contact. Looks like the next thing you did was change to Approach and then make contact with them. I'm not saying that's the cause of the issue... I'm just clutching at straws as you can tell! :shock:

It would be good if you could redo this flight and if the same issue occurs try tuning to KFTW ATIS on 120.7 just to see if it kills the static as my suspicion is it may be the ATIS background static noise... there goes another tuft of straw!

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
playingitbyear
Post subject: Re: Non Stop (continuous) Static coming from ATC - can't be stopped until PF3 is closed.
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:20 am

Thanks for the suggestions Dave. I did redo that flight 3 times again since my first post because I was setting up a short scenario to show my friend the PF3 program in hopes he might purchase it also. The issue did not occur the two times I flew it earlier today or the 3rd time we flew it tonight, so like you said, it's hard to say. However I'm pretty sure that the first of the two times it happened yesterday was again when I was being handed off to "radar control", but I was flying Glasgow - Liverpool that time. In answer to your question about when did it start, I'm pretty sure it was when ATC handed me off to Radar Control in the log, because I think that is when I got distracted listening to the noise and when I replied back later I was hoping my reply would end the noise and it was at that point that I started changing freq. and Com radios to see if I could get it to stop.

So, as to why it didn't happen these last three times? I don't know, maybe some kind of anomaly. But I like your suggestion about tuning ATIS if it happens again and will let you know both if it does happen again and if tuning ATIS has any effect.

Thanks again for your help here. I appreciate your support and overall coverage and knowledge of this program. I used to be in software program support years ago and I know how everyone expects you to know every answer and immediately and as you know there are so many possible causes for any given issue. You do a great job and I'm amazed at how well you know all the intricacies of this software and are able to use the bug log so effectively for analysis. In fact I have spent a few hours over time since I bought this program just reading through different postings here to familiarize myself with different issues and solutions you provided for a host of questions you get, because I figured this would be a good heads up for me if I experienced any issues and I would already be ahead of the game by seeing what others said and the solutions you offered. Again, you offer a great service and always with a kind and supportive tone. That's rare and I wanted to let you know it is noticed. :-)

I hope more and more people discover PF3 and get the enjoyment from it that I have in just the short time I've owned it. It really makes the whole Flight Sim experience better!

Mike

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:09 am
Site Admin

Thank you for those kind words Mike, it's very much appreciated when someone takes the time to give such feedback.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dtsakiris
Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:38 pm

I believe I reported this: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3388

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:40 pm

playingitbyear wrote: *  Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:20 am
Mike
same issue here! viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3388&start=10

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: