OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Remote radio stack on same PC

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Remote radio stack on same PC
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:01 am
Site Admin

Does the radio in the SIM change to 118.77 ?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
johnbla
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:05 am

Yes it does. All is good there. The part I am stuck with if I want to change the freq again. That's when I get the error message.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:06 pm
Site Admin

Ah ha, I think I found the problem. I commented out some code during testing and forgot to reinstate it.

Please try the attached

Attachments
RemoteRadioStack.zip
(33.6 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
johnbla
Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:26 am

It's working, many thanks Dave. Really appreciate you fixing this, even thought I am currently only using the demo mode. I intend to buy this week.

Hint: I usually fly in full screen mode and it's a PIA to switch back to windowed mode to view the pf3 display panel. I now have the remoteradiostack and pf3 display pinned to my taskbar in the number 1 and 2 position (screenie attached). Now all I have to do is hit the windows key and either 1 or 2 to bring up those two panels. I have a second programmable keyboard and have keyed those in so I just have to hit one key to bring up either. You might want to put this into the manual for others.

While I have got you, 2 small questions.

1. Can I pay and register through the demo or do I start from scratch?
2. I do not seem to be getting any chatter in the demo even though I have Simulate Radio Comms ticked. Do I have to do anything else and is it available in the demo?

Many thanks again.
John

Attachments
[ attachment ]
Taskbar.png (129.45 KiB) Viewed 829 times

Profile Quote
Bazthehat
Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:55 am

dmarch wrote: *  Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:06 pm
Ah ha, I think I found the problem. I commented out some code during testing and forgot to reinstate it.

Please try the attached
Ooh, will try this too as, since the last update, I've been having the same problem.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:36 pm
Site Admin

johnbla wrote: *  Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:26 am
It's working, many thanks Dave. Really appreciate you fixing this, even thought I am currently only using the demo mode. I intend to buy this week.

Hint: I usually fly in full screen mode and it's a PIA to switch back to windowed mode to view the pf3 display panel. I now have the remoteradiostack and pf3 display pinned to my taskbar in the number 1 and 2 position (screenie attached). Now all I have to do is hit the windows key and either 1 or 2 to bring up those two panels. I have a second programmable keyboard and have keyed those in so I just have to hit one key to bring up either. You might want to put this into the manual for others.

While I have got you, 2 small questions.

1. Can I pay and register through the demo or do I start from scratch?
2. I do not seem to be getting any chatter in the demo even though I have Simulate Radio Comms ticked. Do I have to do anything else and is it available in the demo?

Many thanks again.
John
Hi John,

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs!! I never knew about that keying sequence for programs pinned to the taskbar! Certainly will be using that myself for various scenarios going forward. Even at the ripe old age of 71 I'm still learning something everyday... only problem is remembering them!! :lol:

As for your questions...

1. You need to uninstall the demo then download the complete installation package after purchase. If you wish to keep any settings you made you could save your PF3.INI file.

2. Radio chatter in MSFS is very, very spares right now unfortunately due to missing data from Asobo. This has been reported to Zendesk. Recently they have addressed 'some' of the issues and there are times when it appears to be working slightly better, but until they address it fully it is what it is. Fortunately we have everything in place so if they suddenly fixed things overnight PF3 would start using the missing data without the need for an update from us.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
johnbla
Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:24 am

I know how you feel, I will be 70 in May.

Suggestion, have you thought of a free flight VFR mode, similar to MSFS default ATC where you don't have to create a flight plan? You could announce your take off, contact radar and when you are near your destination, contact approach. You could have a dialogue box for the destination ICAO. Just a thought.

BTY, just purchased.
John

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:07 pm
Site Admin

Hi John

We already have VFR Free Flight... you still need to load a simple flight plan with just the one waypoint and your departure and arrival airports can be the same.

All detailed in the User Guide section 8.20.2

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: