OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Installation issues

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
matthias72
Post subject: Installation issues
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:15 am

Good day ladies and Gentleman,

yesterday I tried to reinstall pf3.This try ends with your voice set is not complete. PF3 cannot continue. Then I read in the Forum and saw that there is a pf3_validate.exe. I started this file and the logfile showed me that different *.wav files are missing in total around 10100 files. The next step was to deinstall and reinstalled without success. Than I deinstalled my Anti Virus Program and deactivated my Firewall in Winows 10. After the reinstall the same the *.wav files are missing. I don´t have any idea what the reason can be.
I use Windows 10 and PF3 should be installed on his own Partition which is 6 GB in size.

Some Tips and Hints are very welcome.

Yours faithfully,

Matthias

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Installation issues
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:50 am
Site Admin

Assuming you're not trying to install PF3 into your C:\Program Files folder...

1. Shutdown all other programs during the installation. I would also suggest turning off your Antivirus during the install and then configure it not to scan the PF3 folders. I recently changed the AV I've used for many, many years because it was interfering with my everyday work. During the install of the voice sets the installer will attempt to run 50+ self-extracting zip files and maybe your AV has problems with that because it thinks something underhand is taking place.

2. Ensure you run the installer in elevated Admin mode... eg. Right-click the installer and then select 'Run as Administrator'

3. Once you have the base version installed please update to the latest version either by using the 'Check for Updates' option or downloading the cumulative updates package from 'Maintenance Release' post above.

4. Now try the validation checks again

If you still have issue please let us know. I could always take a look at your system using Teamviewer if you wish

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
matthias72
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:50 pm

Hello Dave,

as written I did not installed it into :\Program Files folder. I made a own Partition where I tried to install it.
I deinstalled my Antivirus Program that it can not disturb the installation Process. I deactivated my Firewall that nothing can disturb this Process.
I deinstalled the Program via the Program and feature in the control panel. After the deinstallation I reinstalled with the same result. Different *.wav files are missing.
I installed it with admin rights. If I am at home I will try it again but I haven´t any idea what can disturb the installation Process.

best regards,

Matthias

Profile Quote
matthias72
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:25 pm

I tried it again and everything worked fine. Now the Installation is completed correctly. I do not know why it did not work yesterday. Will try to activate this installation.

best regards,

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:11 pm
Site Admin

Yesterday? Ah well that's why it didn't work. You can't install it on a Tuesday. :shock:

ONLY JOKING OF COURSE :lol:

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:26 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:11 pm
Yesterday? Ah well that's why it didn't work. You can't install it on a Tuesday. :shock:

ONLY JOKING OF COURSE :lol:
I shouldn't have used my tower yesterday...major PC failure either CPU or Motherboard has gone up spout as it's only 16 month old :shock:
Dropped off at local repair shop today,let's see how long it takes to come back with this lockdown and obtaining parts.
Dave,could you reset my licence please for Tower as i can see a reinstall of windows looming,thanks

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: