OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Hint for MSFS 2020 users

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
bobsk8
Post subject: Hint for MSFS 2020 users
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:54 pm

Last night I was flying into an airport and hit the 1 key to contact the tower. Heard nothing, looked at my comm radio and it was on the wrong frequency. Set the frequency, hit 1 again, and looked, and it had switched to the same wrong frequency again. Tried this one more time, and gave up. Hit the 2 key and announced I was on final and I was cleared to land.

After I landed I checked in the keyboard assignments in MS 2020, and the 1 key is assigned to something like "tune to atis frequency". I disabled this assignment and the problem went away. So it might be a good idea, since there are so many key assignments in MS 2020, to check the common keys you use in PF3, and make sure they aren't assigned to another function.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Hint for MSFS 2020 users
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:48 pm
Site Admin

Thanks for that... it's the first thing I did in fact, went through all the PF3 hotkeys and changed them to something else in MSFS

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Hint for MSFS 2020 users
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:57 pm

Good point to check for possible hotkey conflicts with FS. We had another user report his VCP was asking for higher/lower for no apparent reason and it seems it was due to a conflict with hotkeys used to change views in FS2020.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: