OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Make runways with Msfs 2020

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
bobsk8
Post subject: Make runways with Msfs 2020
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:37 pm

HI Dave,
\
I got the version of Makerunways for Ms 2020, and ran it. When I try and rebuild database, it asks for the CSV files in the FS9 FSX folder. I had Make runways in a folder of the same name on the D drive, which the readme for Makerunways says it fine for MS 2020. Any ideas. I see a file in the make runways, but PF3 doesn't like the location for some reason.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Make runways with Msfs 2020
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:53 pm
Site Admin

You just browse to whichever runways.csv file you wish to use. On my system I have makerwys for FS9, FSX, P3D and FS2020. When I run the DB rebuild it obviously defaults to the last one I selected but if I want to change sims I just browse to wherever the runways.csv file is.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:07 pm

OK,this is what I get when I run Make runways . ( screen shot enclosed. ) The file that Make runways makes doesn't have the .csv. So I rename it so it is Makerwys.csv. Then I can select it with the database rebuilder. But then I get this message ( another enclosed screen shot.

Attachments
[ attachment ]
Screenshot 2021-02-12 180411.png (85.52 KiB) Viewed 2289 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:43 am

I fixed it. I had an older version of PF3 which I just downloaded last week when I got my new PC. I think it was 3.0. I checked for up dates and it said it was up to date. Then I checked on the forum and saw there was a cumulative update to 3.10.12 I downloaded and installed .

Now I am getting an Unable to connect when I try and start PF3 with MS2020. I get Connect error code 2146232576-240. I ran PF3 Register.exe as admin around 5 times, no help.
\

:D

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:27 am
Site Admin

It appears you have some system DirectX files missing so would suggest the following:

Download the Microsoft DirectX for Managed Code Runtimes, using the following link:-

http://www.ocs-support.co.uk/downloads/ ... ntimes.zip

Once downloaded you need to unzip the content into a temporary folder anywhere on your system, then run the downloaded EXE. You will be prompted for a location to copy the extracted files into, so just choose the same temp folder.

Once that's done go into the temp folder and right-click the 'DXSetup.exe' program and then select 'Run as Administrator'

This will NOT alter any of your currently installed DirectX files but merely installs any missing runtimes in parallel

Once the DirectX Runtimes are installed please try running PF3 again and connecting to FS and let me know what happens. You can also delete the downloaded runtimes and temp folder if you wish
--

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:57 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:27 am
It appears you have some system DirectX files missing so would suggest the following:

Download the Microsoft DirectX for Managed Code Runtimes, using the following link:-

http://www.ocs-support.co.uk/downloads/ ... ntimes.zip

Once downloaded you need to unzip the content into a temporary folder anywhere on your system, then run the downloaded EXE. You will be prompted for a location to copy the extracted files into, so just choose the same temp folder.

Once that's done go into the temp folder and right-click the 'DXSetup.exe' program and then select 'Run as Administrator'

This will NOT alter any of your currently installed DirectX files but merely installs any missing runtimes in parallel

Once the DirectX Runtimes are installed please try running PF3 again and connecting to FS and let me know what happens. You can also delete the downloaded runtimes and temp folder if you wish
--
Followed your instructions. Same problem.

Attachments
[ attachment ]
Screenshot 2021-02-13 075605.png (188.96 KiB) Viewed 2262 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:46 pm

Rebooted PC and now connected to MSFS 2020. Remaining probelm is I can't get viewer to display anything. Two red dots and all frequencies are 0

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:05 pm
Site Admin

Have you turned the option 'ON' in Options #2, Advanced Options. You've been here before. PF3 Display now uses TCP/IP and is not on by default so for a new installation you need to turn it on

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:45 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:05 pm
Have you turned the option 'ON' in Options #2, Advanced Options. You've been here before. PF3 Display now uses TCP/IP and is not on by default so for a new installation you need to turn it on
Yes, I got that working. Only remaining problem now is when I change VHF radio to ATIS Freq indictaed in PF3 Display, PF3 crashes. If I tune radio away from Atis frequency, it does not crash. All atc in MSFS 2020 is disabled.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:21 pm
Site Admin

Have you tried running PF3_Register.exe as Admin (eg. right-click and select 'Run as Administrator') because the error is caused by PFE_Net.dll not being registered on your system. Perhaps check the file is actually in your main PF3 folder in case your AV has moved it to quarantine (it does happen)

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: