OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 - Will Not Connect to MSFS

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Midcon113
Post subject: PF3 - Will Not Connect to MSFS
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:06 am

Hello all,

I spent four hours today trying to help a friend get PF3 up and running after he purchased both it and FSUIPC7 last week. The problem, in a nutshell, started the same as in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3386. I was able to finally find a copy of the DirectX Runtimes on the Guru3d website (either MS removed them for their download center or the center itself was down - the link Dave put in was not working for either of us.) Installing those did not fix the issue. We subsequently tried all of the following:
  • Uninstall and reinstall/reactivate PF3 (ensuring this was done with administrator level permissions)
  • Uninstall and reinstall FSUIPC7
  • Disabled UAC entirely
  • Elevated his user account to Administrator (just to be doubly sure access issues weren't the problem)

We made some progress in that the error has changed. Now, we're getting the "all IPC resources are allocated" (sorry, can't remember the exact error). It appears that PF3 at least isn't talking to FSUIPC7. FSUIPC7 on the other hand appears to be talking to MSFS. Again, this is the full version of FSUIPC7, not the free version.

I've attached the logs from PF3. I'm hoping you can point us in the right direction. He'd be the first to admit I'm the tech guy, and he's the operator - he just wants it to work. :D I'm a little baffled by this one. We have nearly identical hardware (I built his system) and system setups. On my system, I had no problems at all.

The only thing I can think of that's different between our Windows installs at this point that could be remotely connected is that I do a little programming for fun and have Visual Studio installed, with pretty much all the packages for the various languages and Microsoft "stuff" (like DirectX), which may mean whatever file is causing an issue is on my system but not on his. That programming revolves around MSFS so I also have that SDK installed. I suppose that could be a factor as well?

Open to any thoughts from anyone on this - appreciate it!

Thanks!

Mark

Attachments
Logs.zip
(3.94 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: PF3 - Will Not Connect to MSFS
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:24 pm
Site Admin

Okay, the debug log you attached is showing an attempt to 'connect' to FS but FSUIPC was not running.

If you're still getting the original message (as per the linked post) It really is something to do with the PFE_Net.dll file not being registered or missing DirectX files. You say you installed the later but I don't know what you downloaded as the MS site download appears to have change.

Please download using the following link:

http://www.ocs-support.co.uk/downloads/ ... ntimes.zip

Once unzipped, extracted and installed, please reboot, then run the PF3_Regsiter.exe program (as elevated Admin)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Midcon113
Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:59 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the file download. I downloaded that onto his system and followed your instructions. We still are having problems. I've attached the logs which also includes a screenshot of the 2nd of two error messages we got after this. I thought I got the first one but I didn't. It was something like "All IPC processes have been exhausted".

Any additional thoughts?

Thanks!

Mark

Attachments
Logs2.zip
(974.26 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:22 pm
Site Admin

Sorry for the delay in replying but looking at that screen shot you don't have FSUIPC running. It's not being logged either.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Midcon113
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:52 am

Hi Dave,

Just to close this out, that was indeed the issue. Took a while to sort it all out but it is now resolved and working.

Thank you!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: