OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No Clearance/delivery voices

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
JohnF
Post subject: No Clearance/delivery voices
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:59 pm

Sorry to be a PITA, and it is probably me, but when I am positioned at the ramp ready to taxi, FSUIP running.
The only PF3 voice I can get is with FSS. I am sure COM1 is set to the right frequency i.e the one that shows in the box with green lettering. I press 0 and zilch. This with MSFS.
Thank you again for any help.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: No Clearance/delivery voices
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:12 pm
Site Admin

From the post

PF3 Support and Reporting Problems (PLEASE READ)

Reporting Problems with PF3

If reporting a problem and possible bug PLEASE ensure you include all the files from your product's LOGS folder. These MUST be zipped and attached to your post. To do this you simply select 'Choose file' from the bottom left of the forum page when creating a post and then select 'Add the file' to complete the attachment.

It really doesn't matter how elaborate or detailed your post is without supporting log files. Obviously, including as much detail as possible (along with the logs) would be very much appreciated.

Without a Log it didn't happen

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnF
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:50 am

Thank you Dave
Logs attached.

Attachments
Logs.7z
(73.2 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:59 am
Site Admin

Thanks for the logs.

You were departing VFR from an uncontrolled airport, so you needed to contact FSS, which you eventually did. You only used Hotkey #0 to 'open you VFR flight plan' but the other keys available for FSS are as follows:
Quote:
Hotkey #1 - Request to Close Flight Plan
Hotkey #2 - Extend ETA by 30 minutes
Hotkey #3 - Request Weather Advisories
Hotkey #4 - Request Departure or Center Frequency
Hotkey #5 - Request Local Radar Control Frequency
Hotkey #6 - Change Flight Plan to IFR/VFR (toggle)
Hotkey #7 - Request Airport Advisories
Hotkey #8 - Amend Flight Plan to land at next available airport
Hotkey #9 - Report Position
This are obviously detailed in the User Guide... they are also displayed in the PF3 Display utility or in the new In-Sim Hotkeys window.

If you want to depart an uncontrolled airport when flying IFR you still need to contact FSS, but it would then be handled differently... as explained in the User Guide:-
Quote:
Should you find yourself departing from an uncontrolled airport, without Clearance, Tower or Ground control facilities you could be excused for asking 'how on earth do I obtain IFR clearance in such a situation'?
Well, here's how it works in PF3...
First you need to tune to FSS and hit hotkey #0, this is your 'wake up' call to FSS... there could be a delay of up to 30 seconds so be patient, they're not ATC controllers. Once they put their coffee down they will ask you to 'go ahead' at which point, if you're using VCP mode 1, otherwise it will be automatic, you can either hit the 'Roger' hotkey or hotkey #0 again.

On doing so your VCP will provide the necessary details regarding your flight plan to FSS, after which they will clear you as filed, give you an initial altitude and also the frequency for Departure, which of course you should contact asap after takeoff. Obviously this new feature is only available when your are at your departure airport.
Hope that helps

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnF
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:08 pm

Yes. Thank you. Some success now.
Cheers

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: