OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No ATC/Vectoring or Altitude by Departure on SID

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
mvanbrus
Post subject: No ATC/Vectoring or Altitude by Departure on SID
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:17 am

Hello,

The flight plan is KMDW to KCAK. After departing 31C I turned to a heading of 100deg and leveled of at 3000. See attached pics. Setting up a generic SID with a level off altitude, PF3 does not release ATC when leveling of at the SID altitude. No vectoring or own navigation. Also tried to set end of SID.

Martin

Attachments
Logs.zip
(383.32 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: No ATC/Vectoring or Altitude by Departure on SID
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:12 am

It looks like you set the FAF altitude for your departure and destination airports to 18000. I don't know if this is causing the problem but these should be left at their default setting of 0. The FAF altitude is not the transition altitude; it is the altitude to which you are cleared to intercept the ILS, and at the default setting of 0, PF3 uses 3000 ft AGL which works well in almost all cases. I would return the FAF values to 0 for KMDW and KCAK and retry the flight and see if that makes a difference.

Also, in the current version, the "Resume own navigation" call no longer occurs at the end of a SID. This was done on the recommendation of a RW air traffic controller on the team. You will get climb instructions but are under your own navigation to proceed to your first active waypoint.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: