OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATIS or Ground wrong runway?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Abcdeflijus
Post subject: ATIS or Ground wrong runway?
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:47 pm

So from time to time I am getting some confusions and would like to know where and what I am doing wrong or who is making a mistake?
Had a short flight from ESSA to EFMA. Adjusted weather, that I would be taking of runway 8, as never did that, listened to ATIS through PF3 and it told me runway 8 is in use. By the way, at the same time I had P3D ATC window opened and it was telling a different story. Runways 1R and 1L in use.
[ attachment ]
ATIS1.jpg (513.55 KiB) Viewed 792 times
Finally everything is as I wanted and planed, I thought... Computers programed, ready to taxi and when cleared for taxi it gave me instructions for runway 01L :shock:
[ attachment ]
TAXI1.jpg (647.21 KiB) Viewed 792 times
Well, I got used already to surprises like this, so quickly reprogramed everything and had almost a nice flight.
But smoothness in simulation for me is biggest satisfaction and I like when it goes as planed, especially when I was preparing for that.
So I would like to know if that was my preparation wrong, or something else?
By the way, had some sound issues. While air born, PF3 volume has significantly dropped down and it was hard to hear it. It happens quite often and sometimes can be fixed by switching between sim and PF3 windows or hitting pause few times, but I was wondering if anyone else knows why it is happening and how to cure this?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(226.27 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: ATIS or Ground wrong runway?
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:44 am
Site Admin

When you check ATIS at your departure PF3 could not detect any AI traffic taking off or landing at that time and therefore used wind direction to work out which runway to use and in this case it decided on runway 8.
Quote:
12/30/2020 12:31:53 AM: 349 - Extracting Weather Data from ESSA
12/30/2020 12:31:53 AM: 349 - Visibility from weather station: 39
12/30/2020 12:31:53 AM: 349 - Wind DIR from weather station : 78
When you contacted Ground for taxi instructions PF3 detected AI traffic using runway 1L and therefore used that runway.
Quote:
12/30/2020 12:39:48 AM: 395 - #1 Initial sweep shows AI using runway 1-1
12/30/2020 12:39:48 AM: 395 - Runway 1 1 is being used by AI Traffic! #A
12/30/2020 12:39:48 AM: 395 - Active Runway is set to 1 - Left
With regard to your sound issues did you check our FAQ's ?

Q: Just lately my co-pilot and ATC voices sound ok to start with but then the voice volumes get very soft and almost inaudible.

A: This is possibly Windows thinking that the ATC voices are some sort of telephony. A possible solution is to right-click on the speaker icon in the tray, click on Sounds, select the "Communications" tab and change "When Windows detects communications activity:" from "Reduce the volume ..." to "Do nothing".

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Abcdeflijus
Post subject: Re: ATIS or Ground wrong runway?
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:23 pm

Thanks Dave,

I think after your explanation I finally now understand where I was making mistake, so I want to share it.
As Arlanda airport is a base airport for my flights, I have a default flight set up on P3D, so every time I launch it is the same. After it's launched I think of where I want to fly, create weather conditions that I want (I am not using real time weather), then create a flight plan, check ATIS and then go. And because my default flight also has a default weather, that's why runway 1L was assigned for all AI traffic as it started. So they all taxi there. But I am not listening to ground or tower at this moment, so I couldn't notice. And when I listen to ATIS, it tells me the updated weather, which is what I set.
So another good thing I have learned - always start a flight with weather already pre-set ;)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: