OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Communications: Is this Normal?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Fighter Guy
Post subject: Communications: Is this Normal?
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:05 pm

Hi Dave,

I flew an approx 400 mile flight last night, and once handed off from departure to center frequency, I received no further handoffs the entire flight till approach. When I looked at PF3 display, indeed there was only one CTR freq listed. Flight operated normally, just wondering if there was a boundary problem or just me thinking I should be getting more handoffs. Logs attached

Thanks,

Tony J

Attachments
Logs.rar
(664.68 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Communications: Is this Normal?
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:44 pm

Your entire flight was within Minneapolis Center, which is huge. In the Original Sectors file there are only two frequencies used for it, so it is not surprising you did not get any center handoffs. You can try switching to Extended Control Sectors on the screen where you load your flight plan, and you will probably get many more handoffs because the Extended Sectors file has many more sectors and frequencies, especially within U.S. ARTCCs. See p. 181 of the User Guide for much more info.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Fighter Guy
Post subject: Re: Communications: Is this Normal?
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:16 am

Dan77,

Thanks for the info. I thought as much. Just wasn't sure

Tony J

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: