OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Problem at LFMP Perpignon

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
johnhinson
Post subject: Problem at LFMP Perpignon
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:24 am

Not quite sure what I am doing wrong here, but I'm sure you will tell me! I have tried this twice.

I have set up a flight from LFMP to LIRF.
  1. When I connect to FS, I am selecting "Use Push and Start" but as after opening the flight plan, the next messages are for taxi (rather than push-back instructions)
  2. TGS gives me correct taxi instructions - to Runway 33 the first time, to 15 the second time
  3. On both occasions TGS takes me to the runway and tells me I have arrived there.
  4. And there it all grinds to a halt! I cannot request permission to take-off.
  5. If I press 0, I get taxi instructions again. And again.
  6. Note that Ground and Tower are on the same channel - the first time I have enounctered this. So the radio is already tuned correctly
  7. On the first occasion I decided to take off anyway, hoping I could contact departure, but could not do so and aborted. On the second occasion I aborted at the runway.

Logs for both attempts are attached.

Kindest regards,

John

Attachments
Merpati.zip
(206.28 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

My co-pilot is called Sid and he's a real Star!

Profile Quote
johnhinson
Post subject: Re: Problem at LFMP Perpignon
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:58 am

johnhinson wrote: *  Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:24 am
[*]If I press 0, I get taxi instructions again. And again.[/list
Hmmmm, re-reading the manual, maybe I should have pressed 6 and not 0.

But that doesn't explain the lack of pushback instructions.

John

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:13 pm
Site Admin

John, you're using a VERY OLD and unsupported version of PF3 (3.5 June 2017)| :shock: There have been approximately 9 updates since then! :o

I would suggest you hit the 'Check for Updates' button and if you have problems with that just download and install the cumulative updates package from the top of this forum, then try again. :D

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
johnhinson
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:28 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:13 pm
John, you're using a VERY OLD and unsupported version of PF3 (3.5 June 2017)| :shock: There have been approximately 9 updates since then! :o

I would suggest you hit the 'Check for Updates' button and if you have problems with that just download and install the cumulative updates package from the top of this forum, then try again. :D
That's very wierd. It is set to check daily and "Check for Updates" says it is up to date. I will try the update package you mention.

Best regards,

John

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:30 pm
Site Admin

There were problems with the auto updates way back when.... Could have been 3.5 but my memories not that good

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
johnhinson
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:35 am

Hi Dave,

I did the manual update and am pleased to report everything went smoothly with that flight.

Just one small question, I notice that some of the messages now seem to have mixed voices in them - e.g. the word "climb" sounds as if a different voice set is being used for that snippet of the instruction. I did a clean reinstall (plus manual update of course!) but this is the still the same. Is this an unavoidable feature of the new message enhancements or is something adrift at my end?

Best regards,

John

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:31 am
Site Admin

Quote:
Is this an unavoidable feature of the new message enhancements
Very perceptive of you John and yes, you're correct. We had an impossible task trying to match the exact processing applied to the standard 'clean' wav files to create the ones that sound more like they are coming over a radio, although it's been mentioned that VHF radios these days are so good we shouldn't necessarily need such an effect now. We only noticed late in the day, a week before release, and toyed with the idea of cancelling the update or going with what we had. We certainly didn't have the time or resources to reprocess 500K files... so I decided to go with it.

This is something we aim to revisit going forward but our best suggestion is to simply turn off the option 'Simulate Radio COMs' under Options #1

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
johnhinson
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:03 pm

Its really not a problem Dave, I just wanted to be sure my "updated" version was in good shape.

I am very happy with the new features I am suddenly able to enjoy - in fact I had two other small queries up my sleeve which are now resolved. The work you have put into this software is incredible.

Hoping you, and anybody else reading this, are able to make the best of Christmas 2020 as we have it.

Best regards,

John

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: