OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Transponder code deleted after Take off

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
bbruechmann
Post subject: Transponder code deleted after Take off
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:12 am

Hi Dave,
first i want to let you know that i´am very happy about your ATC. I can´t fly without it. I´am even more happy about the ongoing development and the new update, but since the new update i have a small issue.

It happens to me, that the Transponder code gets deleted somehow after lift off while takeoff. After clearance i´ve set the TP code and it´s set till i lift off. Then out of a sudden i´ll get the message by departure "check transponder your squak should be..." and i can see in the remote radiostack that the TP is "corrupted" somehow. If i try to correct the TP with the mouse in the stack i got an exception warning message about a dll an the stack is closing. After reopening i can correct the TP only via my MCE-FO to tell him "Set TP to xyz" and than it works again. Could it be the Remote Radio Stack itself, because i havn´t change the app after the update of PF3?
I use the Remote radio on a network PC only for troubleshooting because i have a homecockpit where the TP is set via hardware which sets the changes of TP in P3D. I also have MCE in use, but no issues so far. The FO can set the COM radios for example without problems and even the TP in case i order him to do so.

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Transponder code deleted after Take off
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:53 am
Site Admin

The Remote Radio Stack only changes frequencies when you manually change them on the stack.

I can't explain what might be happening as you haven't included a Debug_Monitor.log file!

If you've completed another flight since this issue occurred you will need to attach the Old_Debug_Monitor.log file. If you've completed two or more flights then the evidence is gone and you will have to wait till it happens again... then attach the log file.

'Without a log it didn't happen'

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:22 pm

Hi Dave, why did i guess you will ask for the log.... :lol: Of course you need this and i will provide you with it. It´s just that by chance i´am not the only one and i hoped you could say already, "yes this comes from this and that..." I forgot to mention that this issue startet first ever after the update to V3.10 the HF 3.10.01 hasn´t solved it.
Anyway i will sent you the log asap.

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:24 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:53 am
I can't explain what might be happening as you haven't included a Debug_Monitor.log file!
Hi Dave, attached i have all logs of PF3 for further investigation.

cheers
Bernd

Attachments
log.zip
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 96 times

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:10 pm
Site Admin

Thank you for the logs. It is very strange that you get that call... and only once... even though your transponder did not change (according to the log)

What I would like you to do please is increase the debug level in PF3 to '3' (you'll find it under Options #1 at the bottom left of the screen. Then retry the flight and if it happens again please attach the debug log to your post. I'm intrigued!

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:43 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:10 pm
Thank you for the logs. It is very strange that you get that call... and only once... even though your transponder did not change (according to the log)

What I would like you to do please is increase the debug level in PF3 to '3' (you'll find it under Options #1 at the bottom left of the screen. Then retry the flight and if it happens again please attach the debug log to your post. I'm intrigued!
Wow, Dave. I really appreciate your quick response. I agree it´s really weird. I´am using PF3 for years now without any problems. As i said this happened first time since the update and nothing else was changed in my whole setup so far. I will raise the debug level and let you know. There will be much time the coming days off for flying ;)
Anyway i wish you and your family mery christmas, stay healthy and beware of mutant viruses. :?

regards
Bernd

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:47 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:10 pm
Hi Dave, i´ve made another flight with debug level set to 3 as you mentioned. On the first leg everything was normal. The next leg again the squawk seems to be deleted after lift off from runway while take off. Attached you´ll find the logs.

Cheers
Bernd

Attachments
log.zip
(868.45 KiB) Downloaded 91 times

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:02 pm
Site Admin

Well I can certainly see the transponder gets reset to zero, but I'm 99% certain it's not PF3 doing it. PF3 would only set the transponder when you're given a code by ATC (provided you have your VCP set to do so that is). In your case it only the transponder that gets set to zero and not the internal variable that holds the last value given to you by ATC. In other words, PF3 reads the transponder at regular intervals and checks it against the last number given and if they differ ATC will tell you to 'check your transponder'.

At this point (at the start of our internal loop) your transponder was correct
Quote:
23.12.2020 21:18:29: 780 - Ground Altitude=242 ClrdAlt=35000 Terrain=0 COM=136.6 Trans:4216
A short while later when we do the actual check it's set to zero, which is checked against the values shown below in blue
Quote:
23.12.2020 21:18:51: 550 - LX:4216, CX:16, XSet:1, iX:4216
23.12.2020 21:18:51: 580 - TRANSPONDER Wrong!
You can see the transponder setting again here at the start of the next loop
Quote:
23.12.2020 21:19:30: 190 - Ground Altitude=337 ClrdAlt=35000 Terrain=0 COM=136.6 Trans:0
So, not really sure where to go from here. If this issue is easily recreated I would suggest you run PF3 without running the Radio Stack, just as a process of elimiination

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:16 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:02 pm
So, not really sure where to go from here. If this issue is easily recreated I would suggest you run PF3 without running the Radio Stack, just as a process of elimiination
Hi Dave, many thanks for your investigation, especially on these christmas days. Well, it´s really weird. The issue is, i don´t use the remote radio stack at all. I have a Skalarki Hardware cockpit with the transponder panel. As i know it set´s the transponder and also the com frequencies via FSUIPC into P3D. For an unknown reason it seems that P3D "forgets" the tp code or its somehow wiped out. I only use the remote radio stack in case of PFE is asking to check transponder. Then i can see the field for the code is empty or has 4 dashes.
But i can´t explain what happen. My mind is that i set the TP-code on my HW-Panel, this will then be transfered via FSUIPC into the sim and PFE just read the tp setting out of P3D. It´s mystic that this starts with the new update of PF3 and i never had an issues before and i swear nothing else has changed in my setup.
Could it be related to FSUIPC may be?

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:18 pm
Site Admin

This is why I day try running without the radio stack... I know you may not use it but let's be sure it isn't doing something untoward. I don't think it would but who knows. Just trying to figure out what's setting the transponder to zero

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: